Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

are adaptors needed

578 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GMagana 
#1 ·
have a 2002 jeep wrangler sport. i am looking to put 33x12.5 mt/r's on my stock canyon cast aluminum wheels (15x8). Do i need wheel adapters or not? How much are they? Thanks

#2 ·
To run 33' 12.5 tires minium rim size is 8", canyon rims are about 7" just FYI, it can be done. But tire wear may be a problem.

As far as the size of spacer, it should be 1.5". Cost?? not sure, they are not allowed in my state.

Another thought you could use 33"10.50, I think BFG makes a set. I know of some people using them w/ canyon rims.

#4 ·
You're correct, the Canyons are 15x8. I think I answered your questions on the other post you made about adapters. You actually need spacers. I will be running that same set up, 33x12.5 MTR's on Canyon wheels with 1.5" spacers. I tried putting the tire on without the spacer just to see what hits where and the front was fine. The rear was against the spring perch as soon as I bolted it on. So I'm waiting for my spacers to get here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.