** 4'' lift question ** - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > ** 4'' lift question **

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-10-2001, 11:11 AM   #1
jerrys yj

** 4'' lift question **

okay i was looking to get a 2.5 RE kit and the 4" kit is the same price. will i have to get a sye and a cv joint for a 4" lift. if so where can i get them for cheap because im in a money crunch but i want a lift. also would 31" look too small on a 4" lift?

-KC's on the windshild
personal quote:"it didnt look that deep dad, i swear!"(first time stuck in mud)
jerrys yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2001, 11:55 AM   #2
evilpsych

the answer to all your questions is yes.

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2001, 05:32 PM   #3
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally posted by jerrys yj:
okay i was looking to get a 2.5 RE kit and the 4" kit is the same price. will i have to get a sye and a cv joint for a 4" lift. if so where can i get them for cheap because im in a money crunch but i want a lift. also would 31" look too small on a 4" lift?
You can try lowering the t-case about an inch. This should relieve any vibrations you might get. Easy and cheap.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2001, 07:47 PM   #4
bob91yj

Recently put an RE 4.5ED lift on a buddy's Jeep. The t-case lowering kit will not allow you to use your stock driveshaft (we tried, made it about 200 ft. before the d-sahft got sucked out of the t-case). RE sells d-shafts and the cheapest (cut it yourself) SYE kit. This same guy bought 31's 6 months ago, so he's running 31's with the lift, doesn't look too bad. It sure flex's nice, kit is well worth the money, save for the RE if you have too. Only thing better is SOA, but I'm a little biased.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.