35" krawler vs the others - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 35" krawler vs the others

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 11-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #16
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94 View Post
Possibly but the creepies will be here monday!!

I have hadmy eye on them for awhile now. When you get them post up some pic's. I know they are not made for road use, But im curious how they would do IIRC they are 28/32 tread depth. I know they are soft and bias, But if 25-30k could be had ill give them a try if i can get them at a reasonable price.
But pic's or your full of ****

Unread 11-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #17
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

UPS came through today I actually got all 4
Unread 12-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #18
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well I got the creepies installed and after taking it out a bit I can say they hook up very well in the woods. They do require airing down much lower than the km2's I'm used too. I felt like they started to work at around 5psi. On the street its a different story since I havent tried balancing them yet they shake really bad at 55mph. They are surpisingly quiet on the road and do seem to handle fine but they're some heavy SOB's. Overall they are an awesome off road tire and if I can balance them for some street miles I'll be completely happy.
Unread 12-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They look great on your jeep.

I think im gonna have to add them to the list for replacements when im due. Thanks for the update and pic's
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #20
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Update:

Since my DD took a dump I've been driving the jeep alot. The tires have broken in and will smooth out around 65mph. They do flatspot pretty quickly since its winter but after a few miles they go away. On the street I'm running 15psi and in the woods 5psi with good results. Gonna try some BB's in them for balancing I'll report back how they work.
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #21
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Where did you pick these tires up from and how much were they shipped?
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I ended up having 4wd hardware price match the cheapest out the door price I could find online at the time.
Unread 03-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #23
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

A local place here... Hauk Designs said they would do the same if they could. I gave them the cheapest I could find 35" MTZ's (Walmart believe it or not) and they beat it by $5....hahahahaha but Walmart is directly across the street from my neighborhood and Hauk is a good 15-20 min drive

Unread 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #24
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

So, update on the performance of the Crawlers? I'm thinking of going with them, but not sure they are worth the extra $$ and might just stick with MTZ's, which I really like. Just going with 35's instead of the current 33's

Unread 03-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #25
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It depends how much driving you do on the street wiether they are the tire for you or not. I dont DD my jeep as much anymore so the softer compound of the creepies and bias ply issues dont really bother me. They are also very heavy so if you have any weak spots in your driveline I'm sure they'll find it. If your using your jeep as a DD I'd say stick with a radial trep, km2 or mrtk. All of those will provide decent traction and last on the highway.

With that being said they are outstanding in rocks, mud, snow and anything else I've thrown at them.
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #26
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

It's not my DD. Just will have to be driven on the road to/from the trails. Rausch Creek is about 90 miles or so from Chambersburg. I don't care if they are bias ply or not. Softer compound doesn't really bother me as long as they don't completely wear out in 10k miles. I figure with as little as I drive it 10k miles and a few dozen wheeling trips will last me about 5 years. I'd be ok with that. Heck, as long as they last me 3 years I'd have no issues.

Unread 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #27
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well we seem to be in the same boat then excpet I'm stuck with a 2-2.5hr drive to RC. The main reason I went with these over anything else is I didnt want a tire failure shorting my wheeling weekend again. I'll be out there for RCQ in a few weeks if you want to check them out. I've prob got around 3000 street miles on mine and they still look pretty new. After all they start out with almost 3/4" of tread in the middle and prob 1" on the corners.
Unread 03-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #28
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Wish I could make it, but the XJ isn't road/trail worthy quite yet and not sure it will be by the end of May. Plus, if it IS ready by then I will hopefully already have my new tires.

AH! I just noticed in your sig that you're with rightcoastjeeps. I was just up at Rausch with a bunch of Xteera guys during their ECXC a few weeks ago and we ran into a group of your guys. I don't ever care to go with the Xterra guys again. Talk about a bunch of friggin snobs. I was riding along with a guy from work and we basically stuck to the access roads. WOW, that was a lot of fun. What a waste of a trip. At least I got to check out Rausch for the first time. I at least got to see parts of the trails as I craned my neck to see them from the access roads.

Unread 03-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #29
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

LOL whats rightcoastjeeps??

The guys I roll with are from rightcoast4x4 different group.
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #30
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ah, right on. Where are most of your guys from? Looked like the RCJ guys were primarily from NY/NJ. I'm planning on meeting up with Blueridge Jeepers that meet here in Chambersburg, PA, but I'm always looking for other groups too. I'm really looking for a good regional forum as well. JF and Pirate are ok, but I miss NC4x4. It was just as active as Pirate and had a great classified section.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.