33x15.50 Tires - Anyone running these? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 33x15.50 Tires - Anyone running these?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #1
azcoyote

33x15.50 Tires - Anyone running these?

I ran a search of the forum and found a couple of references but not much real info from anyone... Anyone running these? If so, why?

If you think no one should run these, why?

I ran 33x15.50 on my YJ back in the day and loved the look... Performance? The TIRE seemed OK but honestly, the crappy carb on the engine and the fact that I was too dumb to listen about upgrading axles and R&P meant the whole rig was pretty much a dog... hey, I was only 19 at the time... Much has been learned in that first Jeep experience...

So if you are running these, how about a picture!!!

If you hate them for any reason... Why?

Thanks,

Unread 01-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
dcjpe
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I ran these on my 4 cyl TJ. It's not a common size - I think they were swamper SX's. They performed great off road and looked good, but were horrible on the street. It's a very heavy tire (about 100 lbs with rim) making it especially difficult for a 4 cyl to move down the road. Not to mention the added stress on axles, brakes, etc. Additionally, the extended width can cause some problems on narrow trails - I've taken a bypass more than once because I was too wide. They were fun while they lasted, but I wouldn't buy them again.
dcjpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2007, 12:03 AM   #3
STW
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Little extra roll-over prevention.
Unread 01-31-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
azcoyote

Anyone running these now?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.