33 -12.5 or 33 -10.5 ?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 33 -12.5 or 33 -10.5 ??

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #16
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I agree that there is a lack of choices, but that's not an issue since he wants BFG AT, which is available in that size.
Actually, he never said he was set on the BFG's. There is still some uncertainty. What he said was....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie387a View Post
probably buying BFG A/T KO's ...

There are better tires available, I wouldn't limit myself to having to buy a BFG just to get a certain size. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in a 10.50 vs a 12.50. The differences are so minimal that it comes down to appearance more than anything. No matter what the width or how you look at it, 33's and 3.07 gears are not going to be comfortable. You won't see a night and day difference in fuel economy, power loss, and drivability between a 10.50 and a 12.50.

Get the one that you like the looks of the best and you'll be happy.

2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #17
Lincolnwelding
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hahaha i just got schooled. I do like the looks of my current tires but i dont think ill be buying 12.5's when i need new tires.
Lincolnwelding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #18
wheelie387a
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well the dilemma is over , i just ordered a new set of BFG 33 10.5 15 A/T. KO's.. And new wheels . So we will see how the look/ride when I get them installed...not a bad lookin tire for $168.00 a piece....
wheelie387a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
DocterWrangler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Where did you find them for 168? And I would like to see pics when you can
DocterWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #20
wheelie387a
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I got them for $168.00 each at Summit Pro shop...i am crew chief/ owner of an NHRA Top Dragster that my son drives and spend a TON of money with Summit and Jegs , so I signed up for the SummitProshop.com and Jegs racer discount programs many years ago.. Anyone can sign up... You can get pretty good discounts on most parts ... Go sign up , its free.... The Cepek DC2 wheels were $99.00 each as well.... They mounted and balanced for free and since they are to heavy for UPS they truck them for $9.50 each , so even with that they are only $177.50 each ... No sales tax ....the local tire shop wanted $222.35 each with tax.... Thats gettin close to $180.00 savings on 4 tires !!!! Plus what I saved on the wheels ...BINGO !!
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #21
DocterWrangler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow man thats a heck of a deal!
DocterWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
wheelie387a
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sign up man , its free .. Even if you only buy a part or 2 in your lifetime you saved money , and free shipping too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.