32x11.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's...Your Opinion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 32x11.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's...Your Opinion

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 07-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
Hellbent1933
2002 TJ Wrangler 

32x11.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's...Your Opinion

I'm thinkin this is a 50/50 thread. Half ya'll are haters n half are fans. Performance, tread life, road noise? What's your take?

Hellbent1933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Hellbent1933
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bought em, slapped em on, love em. Minimal road noise, zero change in power, zero change in RPM's...does that mean same gas mileage? Find out in about 4 days...stay tuned.
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Slippy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not too many haters of this tire. They are great... That is all I will use... In fact, I am need of a new set and cannot find them anywhere around here... Where did you find them?
Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #4
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

not sure if hater is the correct term, I prefer Goodyear tires, but if they suddenly went out of the off-road market, I would look at BFG MT's first
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
Hellbent1933
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Slippy, I was at Firestone going to get their Destination mud tire but it would've taken 2 or more weeks for them to arrive. He said he would give me the BFG's at the same price. Me being impatient, I took him up on the offer. I never did a price comparison, so not sure if it was a deal or not. Still loving them. Doesn't look like it's affecting gas mileage either. One thing that concerns me though, I checked the tire pressure just for S&G's. They're at 45psi. Seems high to me so I just emailed BFG to find out. I'll post their response.

Jed, I was going to go with Goodyear. Love that agressive looking tread! But, no one had them in stock. I actually had two orders in with two seperate shops and both called back saying it'd be weeks before they would get them in. My old tires were on their last proverbial leg so I had to go with whatever I could get soon...and I'm impatient
Unread 07-26-2012, 02:47 PM   #6
Hellbent1933
2002 TJ Wrangler 

BFG response to proper psi for the tires:

The best air pressure recommendation for the original equipment size tires is to use the inflation pressure as specified by the vehicle manufacturer which can be found on the placard located on the driver’s door jam or in the vehicle owner’s manual. They have determined the optimal inflation pressure for load, ride, handling, rolling resistance and treadwear performance.

Maintaining correct tire inflation pressure helps optimize tire performance and fuel economy. Correct tire inflation pressure also allows you to experience tire comfort, durability and performance designed to match the needs of your vehicle.

If your vehicle has a different size tire than what was specified by your vehicle manufacturer, it is important that the tires be inflated to provide the same load capability of the original tire size at the manufacturer’s recommended pressure. We will need to know the new tire size you are considering , your original equipment size tire and the vehicle manufacturer’s pressure recommendation for the front and rear tires. Please contact us by email or you can call us at the number listed below and we will be happy to determine the appropriate air pressure.

BFGoodrich 1-877-788-8899

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll free) between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM Eastern Time on Saturday."

Sincerely,

Alvin
Consumer Care Department
Certified BFGoodrich Product Expert
Unread 07-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
WXman

Are we talking KM or KM2 here? Because there is a HUGE difference. The KM2 was like taking 14 steps backwards.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.