31's or 32's for a 2" BB??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 31's or 32's for a 2" BB???

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-14-2004, 11:41 PM   #16
cravnpup

No problem. We've decided to go with the 32's as the money spent on tires greatly offsets any additional components necessary to fit them. In other words it's cheaper to spend $700 on 32's and have to add a $70 body lift or $44 spacers, than it is to spend $650 on 31's and be dissappointed enough to replace them with an additional $700 set of 32's...

2002 TJ-X (hers) - 4.0, 5 speed, 3.73's (open), 2" BB with 32" BFG AT's on AR23's, Turbo City intake, 180* t-stat with highflow housing, and a Magnaflow 14" catback with straight pipe (can you say loud?)..
cravnpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #17
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

im going for the same exact set up...32" on a re 2" BB you are leaving the gears stock? i plan on doing that too...so i guess its ok...i live in ohio..pretty flat...also...where are you looking at tires and rims at for 700? or is 700 just for tires? id like a new look to my jeep ....limited budget...you heard it all before....
little help?
[COLOR=darkgreen]Green Jeep Club Member #39[/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple]The Almighty 2" BB Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR]
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/781569/][COLOR=Orange]My Jeep on Cardomain.com[/COLOR][/URL] *outdated
Dr Gutiemouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2004, 04:46 PM   #18
cravnpup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gutiemouth
im going for the same exact set up...32" on a re 2" BB you are leaving the gears stock? i plan on doing that too...so i guess its ok...i live in ohio..pretty flat...also...where are you looking at tires and rims at for 700? or is 700 just for tires? id like a new look to my jeep ....limited budget...you heard it all before....
little help?
Yeah, she's got the stock 3.73's so she sould be "alright" running 32's for a while... Up here in the mountains, power is reduced up to 20%, so we'll probably end up going with 4.56's once we save some more $$$... $700 was just for tires + mount, balance, warranty... If you pick up a copy of Petersen's 4wheel+offroad, you'll be able to find some package deals on wheels + tires.. Black steel rims + decent AT's can be found for around $700 for 4.. We wanted 32's on all 5 rims, so to stay in our budget we'll keep the factory ECCO's...

2002 TJ-X (hers) - 4.0, 5 speed, 3.73's (open), 2" BB with 32" BFG AT's on AR23's, Turbo City intake, 180* t-stat with highflow housing, and a Magnaflow 14" catback with straight pipe (can you say loud?)..
Unread 04-16-2004, 10:37 PM   #19
jeepnkal
2001 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys, here is a pic of my TJ with the same set up. 2" BB & 32x11.5" Mastercraft MT's.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287140575

Aloha

Kalani
jeepnkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2004, 09:55 AM   #20
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so basically...32" are perfectly fine with a RE 2" BB if ionstalled right? ....im not sure what my gears are...but its completely stock
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/781569/][COLOR=Orange]My Jeep on Cardomain.com[/COLOR][/URL] *outdated
Unread 04-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #21
cravnpup

Quote:
so basically...32" are perfectly fine with a RE 2" BB if ionstalled right? ....im not sure what my gears are...but its completely stock
Basically, yeah. But just know there is a greater chance of rubbing in parking lots and when wheeling. If you get them on and discover you're rubbing you can do a number of cheap things to correct it depending on where the rubbing is coming from. For rubbing when doing tight turns, you can install a washer or two in your steering stops or add a $44 set of wheel spacers. For rubbing in the fenders while flexing, you can trim the fenders or add a $70 1" body lift.... All very cheap/easy fixes... Also, I'm not sure about TJ's, but I believe there is a production code on your differentials that will tell you your gear ratio. Just take a peak at it and post the code, and I'm sure someone here can decipher it for you..... You'll want to be sure you know your gear ratio before changing tires. I went with 33's on my old YJ using the stock 3.07's, and it was horrible enough to run up my credit cards for new gears...

Unread 04-21-2004, 12:31 PM   #22
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravnpup
For rubbing when doing tight turns, you can install a washer or two in your steering stops or add a $44 set of wheel spacers.
$44 EACH, not for the set...

Quote:
....im not sure what my gears are...but its completely stock
go check your diff covers...you should see a tag that looks something like this:

the 3 73 indicates 3.73 gears, you might have 3 07 or 4 10 instead (I think that's the only options from the factory)...

Greg

Last edited by BigWaylon; 04-21-2004 at 12:36 PM..
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2004, 08:12 AM   #23
Dr Gutiemouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

is htere another way of finding out? i cant read what it says on mine
Unread 04-22-2004, 10:57 AM   #24
natef26

Quote:
is htere another way of finding out? i cant read what it says on mine
Yeah, goto your local Jeep dealership and get a build sheet (just give the VIN# of your jeep to the parts counter people or the service ppl). Its free.
natef26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2004, 06:36 PM   #25
cravnpup

Well, the 32's wouldn't fit with the stock ECCO rims, so she went ahead and took the plunge on a new set of wheels.. Looks damn good though, and they're not even close to rubbing the wheel wells... Only problem is some slight vibration in the drivetrain, so we may have to lower the transfer case a bit... Otherwise we're very happy with the outcome...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.