315/70/17 Nittos what air pressure are you running - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 315/70/17 Nittos what air pressure are you running

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
silverrr
2007 JK Wrangler 

315/70/17 Nittos what air pressure are you running

Just got today Nittos trail grappler MT in 315-70-17 for my 4 door JK rubicon ,the tire shop got them at 30psi , they look like they can use some more pressure what I notice and read in a review was how much heavier they felt when rolling the jeep , dont know if this is the nature of the tire or it needs more air . What are you running your 35's or 315's for optimun street use??

Unread 07-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
WJ910
1999 XJ Cherokee 

we put 33psi in them. 35 wont hurt either.
WJ910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
ltrail
1984 XJ Cherokee 

I say chalk test. Pressure will vary from vehicle to vehicle. If you asked the manufacturer theyd want vehicle weight along with all the mods that may make them heavier.

Get sidewalk chalk, color a good portion of the tread(nothing crazy just a couple inch wide astripe across), Drive in straight line on fairly flat surface 50ft (get quite a few good rotations out of the tire).
If the center wears it means less air, if the outside edges both wear it needs more.
Take the air up or down ~2-3psi each run. When chalk wears off the tire evenly across the whole tire you've found the optimal setting for your rig.

I run ~28psi front/~25 rear

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.