3" TJ lift questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 3" TJ lift questions

Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!GenRight Offroad at CCOR! 706-207-4140Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 12-22-2005, 10:11 AM   #1
limecolbyjack

3" TJ lift questions

ok im doing a rustys 3" lift springs in the front with 3/4" spacers. and the rear rustys coils, with swaybar extensions in the rear and the rear track bar bracket. i also got the extended brake line brackets.

my question is do i need longer brake lines with a 3" lift or with the extensions will i be ok? i have the 2" BB shocks as of now. but does monroe or someone make longer shocks for the TJ that i can get at like napa or autozone? all the after market shocks seen real pricey.

hopefully ill get the 1" BL and MML soon also. but will i have any shifting into 4LO problems. its a 04 auto TJ thanks. any info or help would be appreciated. -chris

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2163492]my jeep pics[/URL]
limecolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Your brake lines will be fine.

There are a few shocks out there that are cheap and ride pretty good:

-Skyjacker Hydros (NOT Nitros)
-BDS

They'll run you around $30 each.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2005, 08:53 AM   #3
limecolbyjack

so even if i run 3" shocks the extended droop wont hurt the brake lines then. also i seen some lifts come with extended bump stops. does one need these or is it just for big tires on small lifts?

i seen on autozones website for $20 u can get lifetime warrenty shocks for 3,4 or 5" lift TJ's. thought that was interesting. -chris
[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2163492]my jeep pics[/URL]
limecolbyjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.