265/75 R 16 on 9" wide wheels - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 265/75 R 16 on 9" wide wheels

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
Agony Wagon
Anti-Seizeaholic

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Caution: Large Pictures Loading...

Mickey Thompson Baja STZ - 265/75 R16
Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys Series 7089 - 16x8

Picked em up from Summit last night. I'll have to head back there later. The new black lug nuts I got were too large. Correct thread, but they were 13/16. The holes for the lug nuts are too small to accept anything bigger than the 3/4 socket on my lug wrench.
I can upload more detailed pictures of the tire tread later, if anyone is interested. The tires I took off were BFG All-Terrain T/A, 30x9.5 on stock steelies. Switching to bigger tires but the alloy wheels, it doesn't feel like I gained any weight. That's just from how they feel in my hands, I didn't put them on a scale.

Agony Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #17
Bobs85Reny
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony Wagon
Mickey Thompson Baja STZ - 265/75 R16
Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys Series 7089 - 16x8

Picked em up from Summit last night. I'll have to head back there later. The new black lug nuts I got were too large. Correct thread, but they were 13/16. The holes for the lug nuts are too small to accept anything bigger than the 3/4 socket on my lug wrench.
I can upload more detailed pictures of the tire tread later, if anyone is interested. The tires I took off were BFG All-Terrain T/A, 30x9.5 on stock steelies. Switching to bigger tires but the alloy wheels, it doesn't feel like I gained any weight. That's just from how they feel in my hands, I didn't put them on a scale.
Looks good. One of the main reasons I went to this size was weight to size ratio. Mine is a daily driver that i commute 60+ miles a day. With this combo it was about the same weight as the stock set up. The handling is better and so is my gas mileage. Good luck with your new set up.
Bobs85Reny is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.