Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2012 patriot bigger tires ?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tyler-98-W68 
#1 ·
hey everyone, new to this. I have a 2012 patriot with p215/ 60R17 stock tires and wanted to know what the biggest tire I can put on with stock suspension. all the tire places I have been only will put the stock size. just want a better looking tire. thanks

#2 ·
If your MK is still under warranty, larger tires will void your warranty. Also, if you go to a larger tire size (I don't know how big you can go on a Patriot; ask the MK forum) you have to make sure to have your computer calibrated for the new size because the MK has a larger array of sensors than our older models that will be affected and "confused" by a tire size change. Be prepared to get a small lecture from the dealership about your warranty and how they can't guarantee you won't damage your transmission blah blah blah when you go to get your computer flashed.

Oh yeah, here's a link that should help you: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jeep+patriot+biggest+tire

#3 ·
I used to have a 2008 Patriot FDII Patriot and now a 2012 FDII Compass, on both vehicles I ran larger than stock tires.

225/75/16
225/60/18
235/65/17

Other than the speedo being off and some slight rubbing at full lock with the 235's and the 225/75/16 tires there was no adverse effects, PM me if you would like some more info regarding tires sizes for your patriot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.