2010 Jk factory wheels on 2003 tj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 2010 Jk factory wheels on 2003 tj

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
Evilmonkey51
2003 TJ Wrangler 

2010 Jk factory wheels on 2003 tj

I got a good deal on a 2010 jk rubicon set of tires and wheels and I want to fit them on my 2003 tj. Can anyone advise me if its a good idea, I know that I need adapters is there any specific brand that anyone can recommend. thank you for your help..

Evilmonkey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
ALLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have a similar question also a guy that works for me has a JK set of wheels that a buddy of his is wanting them for a YJ they need an adapter that is 5 on 4/1-2 to a 5 on 5 any info on this ?
ALLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
liv2ryde

It can be done with adapters and they would look awesome. My 2 cents: I once bought adapters on ebay to use 6 bolt (6on5.5) silverado rims onto a 1979 Silverado 5 bolt(5on5), they looked great but I could never keep the adapter lugs tight and they would loosen on me, the 1st time it happened I just about lost a wheel while driving, I thought about trying locktite or something but just got rid of the setup it wasn't worth the trouble to me. I had to carry tools to regularly take my wheels off and tighten the adapters and remount the wheels...PITA

2011 Cosmos Blue Wrangler Sport w/ Factory tow package, auto, 3.73 gears & Trac-Loc, 15x8 MB Wheels Black Chaos 5 3.75" backspacing -19mm offset, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, Bestop Supertop or Factory Freedom top, full factory doors or Bestop Element tube doors with skins, mirrors, and 1/2 door soft tops
liv2ryde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapters , jk , tires , tj , wheels

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.