2005 Jeep tj unlimited wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 2005 Jeep tj unlimited wheels

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
devo1

2005 Jeep tj unlimited wheels

Thanks for the help, I'm wanting to put on different rims and bigger mud tires, with no lift how big can I go with a 15in rim without running into problems? Any suggestions on where to look?

devo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

A 31" (31x10.5x15) is the biggest you can go with no lift, and no other alterations such as cutting sheet metal. With a simple budget boost, you may get 32's on it.
AntiPrius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiPrius View Post
A 31" (31x10.5x15) is the biggest you can go with no lift, and no other alterations such as cutting sheet metal. With a simple budget boost, you may get 32's on it.
I don't think this is what the OP is asking,

I believe he's asking if he can put a 12.5" wide tire on a 8" wide rim, or something along these lines as to the widest tire he can put on a stock rim.

Now, don't forget that if you use stock rims with oversize tires, you will need spacers. that's why most change wheels to get different backspacing.

edit: just re-read OPs post, AntiPirus, he is asking more than 1 questions. Your answer was good.
Unread 11-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
PhulesAu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Telling to use the search, would have been a better answer
PhulesAu is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.