16s on yj? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 16s on yj?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 09-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
ufvj217

16s on yj?

OK so here's the deal. I have some 16" tires from my excursion. 265/75/16 toyo open countries. Since my jeep is stock right now And will be for a while, I'm thinking about putting these on. Eventually I want 33s but on 15" rims.

Basically, will 16" OEM jeep rims work? Assuming I'll need 4.5 to 5 adapters.

I see these wheels on craigslist for 50 for a set so since I already have the tires, I think it'll be cheaper to get those 16s plus adapters instead of getting the 15" steelies I want plus 31s. When I'm ready to lift and get 33s, I'll order the new rims for them also.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Edit- will those OEM jeep 16s work on a stock height yj with those tires (roughly 31.5 high) or would I need spacers? If spacers, can I get adapters that are also like 2" spacers?

ufvj217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #2
bbacus
1999 TJ Wrangler 

16 inch rims

I think you would get by with these tire and rims on your yj....if the height is 31.5 inches. Much higher and a slight lift would be necessary. 33's on the other hand would require a marginal lift kit....nothing extreme. Make sure that the offset on the rims that you are buying will do the job...that may be more of a factor than height. If your rim offsets are very different than stock, it may cause more problems without a suspension change...and the tires may rub if they are moved "out" or "in" depending on the offsets....since I know everything, it would be wise to consult with a professional jeep guy/gal about this set up....a good tire/rim guy should be able to help also.
bbacus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
ufvj217

Disregard. The 16 inch tires I had were bad.
ufvj217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.