15x8s or 15x10s?? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 15x8s or 15x10s??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #31
NoStreetJeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i run a 36x12.50-15 tire on a 15x10" rim and run 10psi in them always.....i wish i had a wider tire. they look too skinny and its not a wide enough foot print for wheelin' on a tire that tall...in my opinion.
it all depends on your setup, your tires and if its a daily driver or you actually use it.
i don't really like the look of a 33" on a 10" wide wheel though....so anything over that i would recommend a 10" wide wheel.

NoStreetJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #32
yj94sahara
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
. It usually takes more years on the planet to realize you don't know everything. Oh, and use the shift key more often please.
trust me guy, i know i dont know everything, i might have came off a little arrogant about the macys thing so thats my bad

Originally Posted by YJFreak:
"Seat belts work, engine runs, tires ain't flat. What more do you want?"
yj94sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #33
Butterbuddha

2010 JK Wrangler 

I just put 15X10's and 35s on my Jeep. (First Jeep, first time EVER changing wheels or tire size) So being the resident ******* I went to Goodyear's page and they recommended no smaller than 8.5" and no greater than 11" wheels for my MTRs. Funny thing is, the sand guys pick on not having 8", and the hotrod guys pick on not having 12". So if nobody thinks I'm a genius, I must be doing something right
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #34
lckdrgn
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Please don't flame:

I'm running 30" on 15x7. After lift going to run DuraTrax 33x12.5. One posted stated these run alittle narrow.
? Could these run on 7" rims safely? DD and towed behind RV. Was looking to buy 5 more rims and get 8's.

Thanks
lckdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #35
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

most 1250s usually say 8.5" so I feel the regular 8" most of us use are already pushing it
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 01:36 PM   #36
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2 View Post
most 1250s usually say 8.5" so I feel the regular 8" most of us use are already pushing it
pushing what?
Unread 12-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #37
Mark5
1998 TJ Wrangler 

35s on 15x8 here. i run em about 10psi with no broblems
004.jpg  
Mark5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #38
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
pushing what?
Pushing the limit beyond the manufacturer's recomendations is what I mean when I say "pushing it" . Some tire places won't mount the combination you are asking about . look around the forum and see what the rest are doing . Most any tire we use can be mounted on an 8-10" .
Unread 12-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #39
DarksideMspts
1989 YJ Wrangler 

....I also run a 12.50, on a 10" wheel....and haven't had any problems yet...but, I'm new at this....so I guess time will tell, huh? I think it looks tougher, and seems to work pretty well, for me.....so far.
Unread 12-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #40
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2 View Post
Pushing the limit beyond the manufacturer's recomendations is what I mean when I say "pushing it" . Some tire places won't mount the combination you are asking about . look around the forum and see what the rest are doing . Most any tire we use can be mounted on an 8-10" .
those same tire manufactur's will also say never air down, dont offroad blah blah to cover their ***. it is well known that the "8 is perfect for a 12.5 tire
Unread 12-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #41
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The only thing that could be considered "pushing" it is that a tire can fold over on itself in a turn. But it dont apply to us for the fact you need speed, Graduated corner and 10psi in your tires on the road. Thats too many factors for a "might". If you do fall under those you shouldn't be in a jeep.
When i say speed, Thats 75+mph. Jeeps are not sports cars or even a SUV to chance at high speeds or turning with much force.

All manufactures recommend 8.5-11" wheel. But thats for street use no matter if its a a/t or m/t. But you also have to factor that all tires but SS come under sized and not a true 12.50 width. So with a under sized tire I'm pretty sure the .5 difference is IMO not a factor. As mentioned its to cover their ***. If you read the fine print off road to them is a gravel road and a pasture.
Either way it comes down to preference and what kind of wheeling you do and how much time you jeep is spent on road.
Unread 12-06-2010, 04:52 AM   #42
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I guess you could also just look at the Jeeps in the forum, signatures, profiles and see who is running what and then you know you are not getting " Do as I say not as I do" .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.