15x8 Alcoa backspace? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 15x8 Alcoa backspace?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 11-15-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

15x8 Alcoa backspace?

A search shows 4 different opinions - 4.54", 4.75", 5", 5.5". Anyone willing to measure their's?

Ed209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
idiot magnet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

What size tires? What size and type of lift? Any suspension mods?
Normally you want in the 3.5-4.5 range for a TJ depending on the tire size. I have the 5" backspaced moab rims that required a 1 1/4" wheel spacer to make them fit without rubbing. The more backspacing the closer to the control arm and steering will result. I'm not sure how close the 4.5" will fit but there should be a chart in the FAQ section or at least some answers regarding it.

Read your profile after the post... Are you getting rid of the Moab's?
idiot magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiot magnet View Post
What size tires? What size and type of lift? Any suspension mods?
Normally you want in the 3.5-4.5 range for a TJ depending on the tire size. I have the 5" backspaced moab rims that required a 1 1/4" wheel spacer to make them fit without rubbing. The more backspacing the closer to the control arm and steering will result. I'm not sure how close the 4.5" will fit but there should be a chart in the FAQ section or at least some answers regarding it.

Read your profile after the post... Are you getting rid of the Moab's?
What the heck is this all about???
Ed209 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.