-15x7 to 15x8 Rims Help- - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > -15x7 to 15x8 Rims Help-

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 02-28-2015, 06:31 AM   #1
CinciTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

-15x7 to 15x8 Rims Help-

My first post on here. been searching all over on and off this forum for an answer to this question but can't find it. So I finally made an account to ask. But anyways, my jeep is has the 15x7 rims with 5.5 backspacing and 31x10.5 BFG AT KO's. I've been looking into new rims but just can't figure out which backspacing to get. I am getting the 2" BDS lift in the next week when taxes come haha. Also need that new set of rims to set the stance to my preference. So anyways if I understand how backspacing works, if I got an 8" wide rim with 4" bs, it would stick out 2.5 inches further compared to the stock 15x7 rim with 5.5 bs, because of the 1.5" difference in backspacing, AND the extra inch in width of the rim, right? And if so what are some opinions on what backspacing to get for a 2 inch BDS lift with 15x8 rims? I don't want my tires to stick out too far and look bad, but I want them to stick out from under the fender flares to get the meaner, wider stance. Also have to consider flexing and rubbing/crushing the fender flares. Pictures always help me and help you brag!

CinciTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 07:58 AM   #2
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would look for a 4.5" BS wheel for a 15x8" or maybe a 4" BS wheel for a 15x7 wheel.

Either will work just fine. If your state has tire coverage laws, running 1/2" less BS and/or a 1" narrower wheel may be all it takes to make the inspector happy.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:43 AM   #3
CinciTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome. Just what I wanted to hear. Just ordered A full set of Black Rock Series 997 rims with 4.5 of backspacing today. Along with the 2 inch BDS lift kit. Kinda bummed they don't make alloy rims with that kind of backspacing. Or at least I couldn't find any. But I figured that any less backspacing than 4.5 would make the wheels stick 3 or more inches out, which isn't desirable to anyone. Can't wait for it all to show up and then stare at it till I have enough time off work to put it all on!
CinciTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.