15x10 or 15x12 wheels ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 15x10 or 15x12 wheels ?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
reesie14
2006 TJ Wrangler 

15x10 or 15x12 wheels ?

I just bought my first jeep it is a 2006 wrangler x with lift and 315/70/17 tires on 17in. m/t classic wheels.I grew up in the hay day of monster mudders and ground hawg tires (35x14.5 / 33x15.5) on wide bart wheels does anyone run wheels and tires this wide on a wrangler?would like to see some pics i want to put new wheels and tires on my wrangler but cant seem to find any wheels i like. the wheel selection out today all seem narrow and a little busy back in the day we liked our wheels deep and our tires tall.

reesie14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Lol. Probably won't find much. I run a 15x10 wheel on 33x12.5" tires.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
reesie14
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the pic that is what i'm looking for a polished wheel with a little bit of depth to it,but most new wheels are black and not very deep.
reesie14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Narrower wheels are used to help maintain the tire bead when airing down your tires. 8" wide rim is suitable for a 12.5" tire if you offroad.
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
ItsJustD
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think you'll find many tires that wide on a jeep, they don't look proportional.
ItsJustD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:12 AM   #6
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Doctor View Post
Narrower wheels are used to help maintain the tire bead when airing down your tires. 8" wide rim is suitable for a 12.5" tire if you offroad.
Even when the mfg specs 8.5 as the minimum? 33x12.5 R15 Duratrac for example.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
Even when the mfg specs 8.5 as the minimum? 33x12.5 R15 Duratrac for example.
Correct. Don't worry about manufacturer specs. 8" wide wheels are perfect for those tires
Duck Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.