15" rims on JKU? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 15" rims on JKU?

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
SDHNTR

15" rims on JKU?

Was thinking of dropping down to 15" wheels and 33 x 10.5 BFG KM2 on my 2012 JKU. But I am also concerned about roll and sway with those taller sidewalls. Is this a valid concern? I've been in some kinda scary crosswind gusts with the stock 17" and don't want to create any additional handling problems.

SDHNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Most 15" have a lot of back space. From 3.75-4.

Anytime you add more side wall it will have less side wall stability.

For the cost of buying alloy 15"s unless they are a screaming deal, you have far less tire to choose from in 15" though they are much less to buy per tire.

I have a set of steal 15x8@3.75bs on 35x12.5. With the lower psi needed to get good wear about 27psi it can be a handful in high winds with the lift. With a 2d. I paid 42$ for a rim very cheep. tires were 225. works with even larger tierods. more an off road set up then good street.
Unread 07-25-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
SDHNTR

Well I want an aggressive 33" tire that is no more than 10.5" wide and C or D rated. I'd buy one in 17" (255 85) but they are E rated. Not much in 16" either. Unless I am missing something.
SDHNTR is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.