1.5" Wheel Spacers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > 1.5" Wheel Spacers

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-05-2014, 11:46 PM   #1
408jeeper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

1.5" Wheel Spacers

Hey guys,
I was thinking of getting some Rough Country 1.5" wheel spacers for my jeep tj.
Any cons to these spacers? Or spacers in general?

Thanks

408jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 02:49 AM   #2
rockphc
2005 LJ Wrangler 

From what I've seen around here, if it's a name you're familiar with then they'll be alright. Make sure they're hub centric for peace at mind as far as safety and use loctite on the spacer's studs.

People freak about spacers for no 100% proven reason. Don't buy eBay brands and use loctite while checking lugs every now and again and you won't run into any problems. If you do then you probably screwed something up that's already incredibly simple.
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:06 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

They're as good as any.I had them on my TJ with 35's and my XJ and no problems.I even took a direct hit to my rear wheel at 50 mph and the spacer held up great.I use a dab of silicone seal on the threads and they never come loose by accident.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 05:12 AM   #4
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Another positive customer of wheel spacers here. Never had problems with the bearings.

I believe Redlyner put his wheel spacers through the ultimate stress tests on his D44's while racing on 37's throughout ECORS. I would message him if you want to get a great opinion on the matter.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 06:01 AM   #5
DaleTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We have ordered several sets for customers from www.wheeladapter.com and I run his 2 inch steel spacers on my F450, never had an issue. He can make any size you want.
DaleTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #6
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408jeeper View Post
Hey guys,
I was thinking of getting some Rough Country 1.5" wheel spacers for my jeep tj.
Any cons to these spacers? Or spacers in general?

Thanks
Those are good spacers. I have recommended the Rough Country 1.5" Wheel Spacers to people who need/want to run them and they've been happy.

Rough Country uses a high grade aluminum and they're hub centric which is what you want. Some say don't use locktite because you don't get an accurate torque spec. Others say it's not necessary if you torque the lugs every oil change. How ever you decide to install them, make sure they stay tight! Let me know if you'd like a quote or if you have any other questions.

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
Demp
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've had some weird luck with other Rough Country products, but the spacers have good specs and reviews. I've personally used the spidertrax spacers, which are pretty much the same.

Just make sure you check both sets of lugs periodically. I tend to rotate my tires with my oil change, so I have perfect chance to check them at the same time.
Demp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.