JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Engineering - Q&A (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f144/)
-   -   7/29 Q/A Session - 2007-2008 MK (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f144/7-29-q-session-2007-2008-mk-588150/)

JeepEngineers 07-29-2008 04:07 PM

7/29 Q/A Session - 2007-2008 MK
 
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

This Q/A Topic: Jeep Patriot and Compass

∑ Direct your questions to the JeepEngineers team

∑ Let the JeepEngineers team supply the answers

∑ Keep all questions on topic and related to the Jeep Brand. Off-topic posts run the risk of being removed by forum moderators

∑ Limit each post to one question. This makes it a lot easier for us to manage during the session and a lot easier for readers to digest afterwards.

∑ Review existing posts to avoid repeat questions.

∑ Questions arenít answered in order of post; youíll need to allow some time for us to respond.

∑ There is no need to repost a question. At the end of the session, we check for unanswered posts. An answer will be posted in reply IF the question is on topic and is not redundant.

∑ If you have something to say to one another we ask that you communicate via PM or within another thread discussion.

∑ We canít answer questions regarding Specific Dealer concerns or Future Products

∑ Weíll do our best to help, but we are not always able to diagnose specific vehicle issues over the internet


Go ahead and post your questions!!

Gramps 07-29-2008 04:07 PM

With the possible demise of the Compass (no scheduled production date set for 2009) does this mean that you guys will turn your efforts towards a more off-road capable Patriot? What’s the status on the one that Rocky Road Outfitters is involved with?

Gramps 07-29-2008 04:08 PM

From Rends:
Are internal fixes planned or done to fix the Patriot roof leaks and the flapping hood problem. Guess these are the 2 major problems still not mentioned in the Patriot TSB lists other than the drain tubes.

Thanks.
Rends

JeepEngineers 07-29-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps (Post 5510154)
With the possible demise of the Compass (no scheduled production date set for 2009) does this mean that you guys will turn your efforts towards a more off-road capable Patriot? What’s the status on the one that Rocky Road Outfitters is involved with?

Unfortunately we can't answer future product questions....

:cheers2:

What would you guys like to see? Just toss out your ideas. We may not be able to respond or acknowledge each suggestion, but we'd like to hear them!

Gramps 07-29-2008 04:12 PM

What's the HP and Torque limit for a CVT2?

JeepEngineers 07-29-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps (Post 5510158)
From Rends:
Are internal fixes planned or done to fix the Patriot roof leaks and the flapping hood problem. Guess these are the 2 major problems still not mentioned in the Patriot TSB lists other than the drain tubes.

Thanks.
Rends

have the dealer check the hood bumpers and hinges - can be adjusted. have dealer check the sunroof module adjustment

eighteenwheeler 07-29-2008 04:15 PM

THe big question I haven't been able to find ANY answers to:

Supposedly on our trail rated CVT 2 patriots, theres some gasoline-octane sensing features that optimizes timing or something down these lines. I called chrysler and my dealer and noone has been able to help. What exactly is this feature, how does it work, and what real benefit does it offer?

Jeepinz 07-29-2008 04:16 PM

Jeep Compass Rallye package...
 
Who there deserves the credit for getting/having the foresight of The Jeep Compass and Patriot? Brilliant! :thumbsup:

I'd love to Thank them and send them a letter. :cheers2:

Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.

JeepEngineers 07-29-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eighteenwheeler (Post 5510193)
THe big question I haven't been able to find ANY answers to:

Supposedly on our trail rated CVT 2 patriots, theres some gasoline-octane sensing features that optimizes timing or something down these lines. I called chrysler and my dealer and noone has been able to help. What exactly is this feature, how does it work, and what real benefit does it offer?

The trail rated patriot has a unique engine calibration when you are in off-road mode that optimizes performance with premium fuel. Works fine on regular, just slightly better w/ premium. no sensor, other than the engine knock sensor.

JeepEngineers 07-29-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeepinz (Post 5510200)
Who there deserves the credit for getting/having the foresight of The Jeep Compass and Patriot? Brilliant! :thumbsup:

I'd love to Thank them and send them a letter. :cheers2:

Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.

That's great to hear. What specifically do you like about the vehicles?

JeepEngineers 07-29-2008 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps (Post 5510173)
What's the HP and Torque limit for a CVT2?

hp is 172 @ 6000 rpm, torque is 165 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm.

roland365 07-29-2008 04:22 PM

how much does the cvt affect the mpg in the patriot

polished_heckle 07-29-2008 04:23 PM

FDII - Under the front suspension, behind the engine skid plate are two metal tubes that hang below the frame. Three of four ends of the tubes are attached to flexible rubber hose and the fourth appears to be connected to the power steering. The tubes run across the width of the Patriot. I think they're power steering hydraulic lines.

These two lines hang below the frame and are susceptible to being hit while offroad.

I'd like to bend them up closer to the body before a rock bends them for me. I'd use tube bending tools as to not pinch the tubes.

What are the risks behind bending the tubes and brackets mounting them?

Even better, why were the tubes not designed slightly higher? Is there an fluid mechanics reason for them to be below the power steering?

eighteenwheeler 07-29-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepEngineers (Post 5510219)
The trail rated patriot has a unique engine calibration when you are in off-road mode that optimizes performance with premium fuel. Works fine on regular, just slightly better w/ premium. no sensor, other than the engine knock sensor.

Thanks for your response!

Thats pretty much what it says in my manual (I loved my wifes compass so much I bought myself a patriot)- Could you give me a little detail in regards to what you mean by "optimizes performance"?

The posts I've read online suggest timing which gives slight torque benefits, and I've also heard responsiveness, but no definates.

Thank you.

Gramps 07-29-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepEngineers (Post 5510227)
That's great to hear. What specifically do you like about the vehicles?

Ditto here! Gas mileage, Winter driving capabilities, maneuverability, handling, roomy, easy to maintain interior. Did I mention gas mileage?


The time now is 09:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.