JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep Engineering - Q&A (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f144/)
-   -   07/12 Q/A Session - Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f144/07-12-q-session-wrangler-wrangler-unlimited-436944/)

JeepEngineers 07-12-2007 04:02 PM

07/12 Q/A Session - Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited

This Q/A Topic: Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited

∑ Direct your questions to the JeepEngineers team

∑ Let the JeepEngineers team supply the answers

∑ Keep all questions on topic and related to the Jeep Brand. Off-topic posts run the risk of being removed by forum moderators

∑ Limit each post to one question. This makes it a lot easier for us to manage during the session and a lot easier for readers to digest afterwards.

∑ Review existing posts to avoid repeat questions.

∑ Questions arenít answered in order of post; youíll need to allow some time for us to respond.

∑ There is no need to repost a question. At the end of the session, we check for unanswered posts. An answer will be posted in reply IF the question is on topic and is not redundant.

∑ If you have something to say to one another we ask that you communicate via PM or within another thread discussion.

∑ We canít answer questions regarding Specific Dealer concerns or Future Products

∑ Weíll do our best to help, but we are not always able to diagnose specific vehicle issues over the internet

Go ahead and post your questions!!

JeepEngineers 07-12-2007 04:04 PM

Hi Guys!

Ask away !!

MacAttack 07-12-2007 04:04 PM

Auto Transmission Service:
Is it better to just drain and refill, or to get a flush?

(replace filters no matter which method)

jeepruski 07-12-2007 04:05 PM

Need a part number - please!! I am desperate

I desperately need your help. I have discovered that Jeep (Mopar) makes many different springs with different levels of stiffness for the JK. I have determined that the part number for the stiffest springs for the front is 52126518AB. I am in need of the part number for the corresponding rear stiffest springs. No dealer seems to be able to tell me, since they do not have access to any descriptions for the springs, beyond that they are for a certain make/model/year. However, if I can provide them with the part number for the stiffest springs, they can order. Can you please help? I know you do not have this number at your finger tips during this chat, but if you could email me (jeep1234@rock.com) or post the info on here we I can find it, I will think positive thoughts about you (:

mendelmax 07-12-2007 04:05 PM

Hi.

I would like to ask about the possibility to swap in a old, proven 242 t-case. Is it possible? How about the ESP system? Will it be able to still work with full time 4wd? What mods would have to be done to do it?

I'm asking because I would love to have a wrangler, but since I live in really variable weather conditions I would definitely need full time 4wd system.

Maybe it would be good to consider offering wrangler with such system from the factory?

Tim Berry 07-12-2007 04:06 PM

When will we see a V6 diesel in the JK?

jeepruski 07-12-2007 04:06 PM

By the way, I need the stiffer springs for the front to support the weight of bumper and winch, and for the rear, for bumper, cargo and stuff. I'm not interested in any form of a "lift kit" or bigger tires.

JeepEngineers 07-12-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacAttack
Auto Transmission Service:
Is it better to just drain and refill, or to get a flush?

(replace filters no matter which method)

You're better off doing a flush. If you do just a drain, you generally don't get all the old fluid out including the fluid in the torque converter. A flush ensures that you've replaced all the old with new.

howellru 07-12-2007 04:06 PM

Guess I'll start things off with an easy question. Are there any plans for Jeep to reintroduce a new Scrambler using the Wranlger Unlimited chasis?

PuNacMC 07-12-2007 04:06 PM

When I start my 2001 TJ, it runs really rough for 30 sec then idles out. Anything I should be worried about?

JeepEngineers 07-12-2007 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Berry

Sorry, we can't discuss future plans.

NaeKid 07-12-2007 04:07 PM

There was a recent recall notice regarding the "stall bug". Can you tell us more about the recall, how it fixes the problem and if the the problem could come back again?

JeepEngineers 07-12-2007 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Berry

You know our mantra, we can't comment on future product..... :thumbsup:

grogie 07-12-2007 04:07 PM

First, thanks for your time. I love my í06 TJ Sport!

I am having some pops coming from the front steering when turning at slow speeds (like when pulling out of my garage and turning the wheel). I have been keeping the front end lubed. Is that normal? Thanks again.

DILYSI Dave 07-12-2007 04:07 PM

The OE front bumper includes crush cans. A couple of aftermarket offerings do as well, but the vast majority do no. My assumption is that these are responsible for 5mph performance, but have little to no impact on airbag performance. Does Jeep have an opinion on the elimination of these cans?

The time now is 08:04 PM.