Originally Posted by MGrobe
Whats with the cloth seats and water stains? I saw my buddies 2006 WK when it was only a month old it the seats looked awful! Only thing that happened was some rain got in on them. Looked worse than his 6 year old car seats did.
There is a Technical Service Bulletin regarding this specific issue: TSB 23-015-06. The bulletin describes the procedure used to clean the white residue from the seats.
If under warranty, a dealer can perform this work. Otherwise, use the following procedure (text pulled from the service bulletin):
1. Vacuum the cloth seat fabric.
2. Mix a solution of dish water detergent and WARM water. Do not use hot or cold water.
3. With a clean sponge, wet the vehicle cloth seat fabric. Dampen the cloth seat fabric.
Do not allow to cloth seat fabric to become soaking wet or too dry.
4. With a soft brush, agitate the soap solution and the loose residue material. The intent
is to mix and suspend the loose residue material into the soap solution.
5. With COOL water, rinse the cloth seat fabric to remove the soap and residue solution.
6. With a shop vacuum, vacuum the cloth seat fabric of any excess moisture.
7. Repeat the cool water rinse and vacuum.
8. Allow the cloth seat fabric to dry.
Thanks for your question!