03/14 Q/A session - 2007 Wrangler - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Engineering - Q&A > 03/14 Q/A session - 2007 Wrangler

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #76
charlescho

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepEngineers
Good question. Say for instance you lift you JK and as a result, you break a u-joint because of the higher joint angles, this would not be covered. Basically, if you modify your Jeep and something breaks because of it, the warranty doesn't cover it. Also, if something external damages the vehicle, for instance the lake found it's way into your blower motor, that would be covered either. Hope this helps.

did you mean, it wouldn't be covered? just making sure

now how far does the lift void the warranty? lets say the engine blew up into 10 pieces, now is that because of the lift and possibly bigger tires? now say what if I went in with a lift but 31" tires, would they able to safely assume that I had bigger tires on because of a 6" lift? if you are not able to answer this question, that is fine, I don't want to put you in a bad position...

also when I put the key in my 2006 to ignition on(not actually turning the engine over but all the gizmo's go on), the check engine light blinks, is this normal? as soon as I turn the engine over, it goes away with the start of the I6

Thanks and I really appriciate you guys doing this!

Unread 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #77
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Which one of you was responsible for the different programming to provide the alternate throttle response when you shift into low range?

When I drove them up at the short lead media launch, it was very impressive.
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #78
peje

Quote:
Peje,

Engine choices are driven by a number of factors - production capacity, packaging constraints, crash regulations, and intended usage of the vehicle. For the Wrangler, the 3.8L was the best choice of our available V-6 engines due to it's low range torque being better suited to off road usage!

Is there going to be a V8 engine I am thinking of 4.7L available.
peje is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #79
Paul04TJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

How much investigation has been done into root causing the issue of Death Wobble? Side to side oscillation of the front axle.

It seems many people have this issue whether lifted or stock.

I can stop by CTC to show you.
Red Jeep Club Member # 269
'04 Wrangler 'X'
Paul04TJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #80
JeepEngineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tube yj
Thanks for fielding questions from the board,

I have one question I would like to toss out. Will there ever be a full size jeep (pickup or SUV) similar to the Rescue concept? 3/4 ton with a diesel would be a great tow rig/daily driver for alot of us
sorry - can't discuss future products!
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/jeep"]Check out Jeep on Facebook[/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/thejeepchannel"]Check out Jeep on YouTube[/URL]
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/groups/jeepexperience/"]Check out Jeep on Flickr[/URL][/I]
JeepEngineers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #81
troy_boy

Quote:
The plastic fender followed the theme that the styling group created. It is also cheaper to repair a plastic fender than a steel one.
thanks, but why couldnt they paint all the models, that plastic gets faded real bad. Thanks for your time here....keep up a great Jeep!
[B][COLOR="SandyBrown"][SIZE="2"]Jeep is #1[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="2"]LOL.....CHEERS[/SIZE][/B]

2007 Wrangler, 2dr. 33" Claws, Procomp Bead Sim 16", Fabtech 3" lift, 2,200 Watt Box w/Jenson Dvd/Xm Player, Dented Tailgate, Cracked Windshield, tree stump ding, I love it!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=108141"][B][COLOR="Blue"]My Pics[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
troy_boy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #82
Elusive

why can we not order factory parts more easily? I would love to whip open a jeep catalog and order a roc trac transfer case without getting hammered by a dealer mark up.
Thanks for your time!
Elusive is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #83
cruizer428

What increases towing capacity?

What increases towing capacity? Is it just the addition of the 4.10 rear? If I get the automatic it comes with the 4.10 do I still need to add the tow package? I don't have the need for the tow hooks.

Sorry to harp on the half doors, but is it production delays or other factors slowing the release? I'm just desperate.
cruizer428 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #84
nickusgabbard

power windows

my power windows in my 1999 jeep cherokee (chili pepper red if you were wondering) stopped working this winter and i didnt really care to look at it because it was the winter but now that its warming up and i hate AC i need to figure out if i can fix this myself.

at first it was just the passenger window but then a week later all the windows went. and i cant find a fuse for them and i dont know where the ground is located can someone give me some ideas to check out or a wire diagram would be helpful
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #85
cincytj

hi, thanx for your time and patience answering questions. I would like to get into aftermarket manufacturing for the Jeep line. is there a resource for 3d cad data? I checked the sema database but the jeep data is really sparse. i would be interested in body and chassis files for bumper, skid plate etc....if you make them available please let me know where

Thanx
knoblock rear bumper, OBA in process,
bestop tire carrier, 35-12.5-16 trXus MT's on MOABs with 1.25 spidertrax
Currie HD steering
Nth Degree 6" LA kit. Garvin Wilderness Rack w/hi-lift mnt
HEMI & 5spd Auto
cincytj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #86
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peje
Is there going to be a V8 engine I am thinking of 4.7L available.
How many of you guys are going to ask this question?

Quote:
sorry - can't discuss future products!
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #87
Rescue XJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What do you feel is the best way to improve the suspension of a jeep in general?
4L HO Command track Dana 30 front Chrysler 8.25 rear CarQuest XD shocks, Federal Signal emergency stuff, MCX 1000 DES-XL, TK-940, Astro Spectra W3 encrypted, Magnaflow 18" body, Medical supplies, MREs, Gatoraid, Shovel, MagLite, body armor, grappling hook, annoying squeeking sound from my door, otherwise stock for now.
White Jeep Club Member #911
Code 3 Jeep Club Member #1
Eagle Scout Jeep Club Member #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx50cj3a
Vatozone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 Briarwood
I think "that look" is what they teach the chicks in 6th grade when they show them "that film" behind closed doors.
Rescue XJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #88
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul04TJ
How much investigation has been done into root causing the issue of Death Wobble? Side to side oscillation of the front axle.

It seems many people have this issue whether lifted or stock.

I can stop by CTC to show you.
Do some research on Haltenberger linkage.
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #89
JeepEngineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenskis
What considerations were there for the ease of soft top use while developing the new JK? I have a TJ, and one of my few complaints is that it's a little bit of a process to lower the top and remove the windows. It would be nice to be able to keep the windows in the vehicle without taking up too much room. I am surprised the JK soft top is so similar to the TJ soft top. (I know the hard top was split up into pieces to be easier to install/remove.)
Actually the hard top wasn't split into pieces for easier removal, it was to give customers the "Freedom Top" feature!

As far as the soft-top design, we had to balance cost/affordability with functionality. Also remember, soft windows, regardless of who makes them scratch easily. It's better for the longevity of your windows to remove them store them in the appropriate Mopar window storage bag. Visit www.mopar.com for more info on the window bag!
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/jeep"]Check out Jeep on Facebook[/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/thejeepchannel"]Check out Jeep on YouTube[/URL]
[URL="http://www.flickr.com/groups/jeepexperience/"]Check out Jeep on Flickr[/URL][/I]
JeepEngineers is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #90
Tinker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not so much a question as a plead, BUILD THE GLADIATOR PLEASE! thank you for your time here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.