SKIM "Sentry Key Immobillizer Module" install - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Technical Articles & Write-Ups > SKIM "Sentry Key Immobillizer Module" install

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-25-2010, 07:11 AM   #31
blue02tj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you for this topic. My 02 TJ was recently a victim of car theifs. They were unable to start the jeep due to the SKIM but did manage to destroy the steering column and cut the wires to the skim module and smash it off the column. I have since replaced the steering column and only lack the SKIM module and the nessary plug that comes from the harness (they cut it off and its missing) to get my jeep back on the road. My only real challange now is finding an old harrness I can get the skim module plug from to splice into my harness.

I have the FSM but this thread along with its pictures helped out alot in seeing how its installed.

blue02tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #32
blue02tj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Very helpful as I am having to put the SKIM module back in my 02 TJ since it was smashed when the thives tried to steal my jeep. I have the FSM but your pictures really helped. They also cut the plug off that goes to the SKIM module any ideas where I can get another plug to splice into my harness? I have been looking at used harnesses off EBAY but I only realy need that lead.
blue02tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
key , programming keys , skim

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.