Sanden Onboard Air System Write up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Technical Articles & Write-Ups > Sanden Onboard Air System Write up

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #16
jfive
dos heeps

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud5342 View Post
Great write up. Very handy.

I just have one question. I was under the impression the internals on these compressors are lubricated with the freon running through them. So, if you have no inline oiler on the intake side, how is the compressor staying lubricated?
You are correct about the misting in the freon. He does however show an oiler on the intake side and a separator to clean the air upon exit from the compressor. This is a good set-up and works very well.

'88 YJ
jfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #17
klayton
2002 TJ Wrangler 

nice write up. i did mine a little different. my comp does not have the bulkhead connector and i used braided hose on the out side of the comp. my tank is also smaller and mounted under the battery tray. here is my thread!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...te-up-1314564/
klayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #18
electromage
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I have a Sanden R12 compressor built in, can anyone tell me if I can use it as an air compressor? The system has been empty for a long time, not sure if it's got a slow leak or someone drained it, but either way the compressor seems fine. I'd love to do an on-board air set up and using what I've got is sure better than trying to rig up an electric compressor. What kind of airflow (CFM) do these set-ups put out, generally?

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/1Ein9
electromage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #19
jmonier
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If it still works then you can definately use it. Find a hydrolic hose fitter and keep him close. Dont forget that you will need an inline oiler since you will no longer have the freon to lube the compressor, and a filter after to collect the oil. Cfm is enough to run about any air tool. Ive heard stories of 9-10cfm and 300psi but never tested it. I have a 1 gal tank and a 120-160 pressure switch.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.