How to: Paint a hard top - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Technical Articles & Write-Ups > How to: Paint a hard top

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadAdvance Adapters SYE KitsIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955

Unread 09-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #16
PBNJTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm

Fusion? Does that stuff have like an adhesion promoter? Looks great. I wonder where I can find Spice paint for my top.

PBNJTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:43 AM   #17
paultyler
Uncle Paul has spoken...

1992 YJ Wrangler 

How about an update. Has it peeled at all?

My Jeep in the Snow

92 YJ, 35' MTR Kevlars, Klune/Dana 20, 4.88s, SYE, Rubicon D44s w/Rubicon lockers, front and rear Alloy USA chromoly shafts with 30 spline outers, JK electric swaybar, T&T tube fenders, custom cv driveshafts, RE 4.5 XD springs, M.O.R.E. 5/8'' boomerang shackles + 2' BL, 15lb Powertank, 4.0L TB & TB spacer, ARB Snorkel, K&N filter, rear bumper and tire rack, Rancho 9000s, AtoZ Rockers, Skid-Row Engine skid plate, Teraflex Bellyup, JCR Offroad 1 Ton TieRod, rock lights, RE hand throttle, M.O.R.E. roll cage, corners, 9000lb winch with synthetic cable in-cab winch controller (12voltguy.com), Dual Blue Top Optimas with 12voltguy dual battery controller, a/c (ackits.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
This Uncle Paul guy seems to know what he's talking about.
paultyler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
JeeperChick01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'd like to know how the Krylon Fusion paint's holding up too, or if anyone has any other suggestions for hard top paint?
JeeperChick01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #19
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how hard was it to get the window molding back in? i'm about to paint my TJ hardtop and I'm debating taking the window molding out to paint or not.
Unread 09-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #20
Smokey007

The Krylon Fusion is designed for adhesion to plastics and approved for outdoor deck furniture and such. I have used it and has held up well.
Smokey007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #21
sertshark
1986 CJ7 

Any word on the Krylon holding up? I was going to purchase a paint gun for the air compressor, but I've found more and more jeepers out there who have used the rattle can method. I may have to give it shot!
Unread 05-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #22
afgd1
1984 CJ7 

I've used spray can for years. A good primer and a good tack rag works great. Krylon is great. Found that plastic paints work good too.
afgd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #23
shinningchristy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hello Joe's_yy,

I would try to use your method for my Jeep. It looks interesting and also includes lot of efforts. Great work..
Thanks.
Unread 09-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #24
AZBob

Nice write up but you'd never want to paint anything on the exterior of a car with a rattle can. Quality auto paint is catalyzed - period.
AZBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #25
duc202
1997 TJ Wrangler 

doing this tomorrow
duc202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.