How-To: 2005-2009 Grand Cherokee (WK) Fog Light Install - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Technical Articles & Write-Ups > How-To: 2005-2009 Grand Cherokee (WK) Fog Light Install

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Unread 01-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
MontesXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Just did this in my wife's 2009. I didn't have to remove the front fascia completely. Removed one twist clip in each corner and about 7 mental tab clips across the bottom and simply lifted the fascia up enough to pull out the plugs and insert the lights. Also, the steering column is different in the 2009's have to pull down the knee board and remove three screws....and then I still couldn't separate the plastic halves. Instead of risking breaking my wife's Jeep, I gave up and took it to the dealer . Better to pay the piper then having to sleep on couch for weeks.

Unread 01-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #17
MSniper
2005 WK 

Was interested in this post after my wife wanted me to install fog lights on the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. The pictures at the beginning of the post is exactly what i have to do with this jeep.

Does anyone have the mopar kit number? Also instead of purchasing the entire kit and having to replace the switch has anyone just installed normal fog lamps and grounded the system and ran a toggle switch. If so what is the size of the fog lamps you installed.

I purchased just a basic set at walmart that was a 3 and 1/2 inch but they just don't appear to look right i was wondering if a 4 inch set would look better or should i just go and get the mopar kit.

The lights would really not be used that much in my area but it would make the jeep a little better to look at according to my wife. I just hate spending 200 bucks on lights switch relays and then probably 100 bucks on programming the PCM because the dealership here does nothing for free.
MSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #18
rottman

Very nice write up. Could someone please tell me the diameter of these lights or the diameter of the factory fog light hole in the bumper. Thanks
rottman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #19
RIDER6
2008 WK 

do you have to install a new multi function switch or if i donít will it still work with my original one when I turn my head lights on? also when searching ebay for parts I keep getting results for the 300 and the aspen, are those gonna fit as well? or do i gotta get wk jeep certified
RIDER6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #20
MontesXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

@RIDER: A new mult-function switch comes with the OEM kit. If you don't want to go that route, you can wire it separately using an aftermarket switch (may want to check with your states regs, though...as some require the fogs to be switched so that they automatically switch off when you use your high beams...OEM switch does this). Can't confirm to whether this setup will work with other fogs lights, though I don't see why not as long as the voltage/current requirement is same a OEM bulbs.

Good luck.
Unread 04-12-2011, 05:14 AM   #21
RIDER6
2008 WK 

Thanks montesxj!
Unread 07-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
jas32

I just completed the foglamp install on my 2008 WK Laredo.

My expenses were as follows:
2 X Lamps from Amazon @ $13.68 each = $27.36 (includes shipping)
1 X Relay from Autozone @ $11.65 (includes tax)
1 X Multifunction Switch from Chrysler Dealer @ $35.00 (list price)
A 20 AMP fuse for the foglamps was already installed on the fuse block.
I used stainless steel sheetmetal screws and SS washers to secure the lamps to the holder just to make sure the screws do not rust out.

Total Cost: $74.01
Starscan programming was done by my buddy who works for Chrysler.

BTW there seem to be some confusion regarding the PN for the Multifunction switch. The parts guy at the dealership researched it and ended up with the following PN: 68041485AB
This is for a 2008 WK Laredo w/Fog w/o Auto headlights.

Thanks for the great instructions guys !!!
jas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:21 AM   #23
ksjeepin
2005 WK 

I am wanting auto headlights and fog lights added to my 2005 grand cherokee, what else would have to be done to do this?
ksjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
jas32

The fog lamp install is fairly simple and straightforward as outlined in this discussion since everything is all connected with the physical wiring needed to make all the connections.

Sorry I cannot help on the auto headlights but I would assume, these are a bit more complicated since you need to add an ambient light sensor and the proper multifunction steering column switch. You may have the proper wiring if you have a higher line trim level model. Maybe someone has tried this already and can chime in.
jas32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #25
my2010WK
2010 WK 

Add auto lights with Fog Lights

Thanks to mrjonesjr and bilbo for the great posts! Interested in adding fog lamps AND auto headlights at the same time to my 2010 WK. If I can find the right switch stalk w/auto on & fog lamps, and the dash sensor, has anyone tried to add the auto lights as well. Wondering if the harness is there and the same type of relay and programming is necessary.
my2010WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #26
Rkirk
2006 WK 

I just finished this upgrade to my 06, great write up and instructions, thanks! I got my light assemblies from amazon.com for about $15 (# TYC 19-5769-90) each with shipping, the switch however was about $140 from our local dealer, $165 was the list. I was able to find a standard motor products switch on rockauto.com for about $35 with shipping (part # CBS1208) I just wanted to put this info out there for anyone else looking to do this but couldn't find the parts at a reasonable cost. (the biggest problem I had was tracking down the parts within budget) hope this helps anyone looking to do this.
Rkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #27
Marna89

So I'm going to be installing soon. I called my local jeep dealership to see how much it will cost to program...$85! I somehow would like to find a way to get that price down. Any suggestions?
Marna89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
Torgo
2009 WK 

I just did this last night and it goes surprisingly quickly. The biggest single problem I had is that on a 2009, the steering column fasteners are not Torx but Phillips head screws and they are a real pain to get out and back in. Thanks to the posters that put the pictures together.

I bought the TYC lights off of Amazon and I have to say I am floored by the amount of quality for the price. They were only $15 each, I would have expected 2 or 3 times that.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can anyone tell me what the commands are for the PCM change so I can tell me dealer? I also just installed an OEM Bluetooth handsfree kit and the dealer instructions (while not much better than IKEA instructions) had a very detailed page telling exactly what the dealer tech should do for the reprogramming.
2" Rocky Road BB
Rubicon Moabs
Surco safari rack w/spare mount
IPF headlight conversion
XM radio
74k miles
Weird stink in damp weather
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #29
goavs18

Found this post, and used it to install fog lights on my 07 grand Cherokee, nice write up, I ordered my kit from eBay came with everything, but when I went to install the 20A fuse I already had one in the location, so I guess I now have an extra fuse.

Thanks for a great thread
Gary
goavs18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.