Difficulty: 2 out of 10
Time to install: 30 minutes
Disclaimer: JeepForum.com, JeepForum.com Staff, nor the author are responsible for you doing this modification to your vehicle. By doing this modification and following this how-to you, the installer, take full responsibility if anything is damaged or messed up. If you have questions, feel free to PM the original poster or ask in the appropriate section of JeepForum.com forums.
This is a step by step with pictures on how to install the factory fog lights on a 2005-2009 Grand Cherokee (WK). The instructions from the factory are very vague and don't go into very good detail.
- T15 Torx Screw Driver
- T20 Torx Screw Driver
- Small Phillips Screw Driver
- 10mm wrench
If you buy the Mopar kit, all of these parts will be included in that kit. I got my parts from a wrecked '06 Grand Cherokee (WK) for 1/2 what the Mopar Kit cost.
- 2x Fog Light Assemblies
- 1x Headlight Multi-Function Switch w/ Fog Light Switch
- 1x Fog Light Relay (Mopar Part #: 4671168E)
- 1x 20A Mini Fuse
1. Start by unhooking the negative battery cable with the 10mm wrench.
2. Install the Fog Light Relay into spot 25 in the under hood power distribution box.
3. Install the 20A fuse into location 15 in the power distribution box.
4. Remove the 3 screws in the steering column trim with the T20 Torx Screw Driver and remove the trim from the steering column.
5. Remove the 2 screws holding the Multi-Function Switch with the T15 Torx Screw Driver. Slide the switch backwards and off the steering column.
6. Slid the new Multi-Function Switch into the steering column. Before re-installing the screws, make sure it functions properly by turning the headlights on/off and the turn signals on/off. Once you know it functions properly, re-install the 2 screws using the T15 Torx Screwdriver.
7. Re-install the steering column trim. Be sure to put the 2 longer black screws on either side across from each other. The smaller grey screw is the odd ball closest to the driver.
8. Remove the black plastic fillers from the front bumper. You will have to push on the tabs on the inside of the bumper to get them to come out.
9. Slide the fog light assembly into position. While holding the fog light assembly into place, screw in the 2 screws from the inside of the bumper using the T20 Torx Screw Driver. If you don't have the factory screws, any screw and washer of the same size will work.
10. Install the new bulb into the fog light assembly. Remove the wiring harness plug from its holder and plug it into the fog light assembly.
11. Repeat step 10 for the opposite side.
12. Using a T20 Torx Screw Driver, adjust the fog lights to desired position. Be sure they are not aimed too high or they will blind on coming motorist.
13. Now schedule an appointment with a local dealership to have them program the PCM to activate the relay when the fog light switch is in the on position.