Electronic Speedo Correction - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Technical Articles & Write-Ups > Electronic Speedo Correction

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #16
jamm5266
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_R View Post
Are you happy with the results? With 4:88 gears and 315 75 R16 MT/R's my speed reads high, would really like to get it back to near stock without to much fuss.
Mark R, the physical installation is very easy. Once installed you need to calibrate the unit which is also easy. Basically you compare your dash speedo at 60 MPH against a GPS for actual MPH. You find that difference on a supplied conversion chart that comes with the Speedohealer and input the new calibration factor into the unit and you're done. It doesn' matter what gears or tires you have on the vehicle.

Unread 07-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #17
ColoWJ
2004 WJ 

I really liked this article. . . How much did this all cost? Do you think it would work for my '04 WJ on 33s?
ColoWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #18
KG8893
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thread revival for the win!

anyways... anybody know if this will work for the geared speedos? I have a gear driven one but I have 2 sets of tires that are different sizes and I like the feature easy adjustment instead of taking my transfer case apart every time. The wiring harness that comes out of mine is identical looking to this (3 wire) but I still have a gear.
Built Not Bought #666
KG8893 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
KalamazooWood
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice!

Great video, this kit will be my next purchase. I recently bought my TJ with 126000 miles on it but I know now it has less than that on it. Previous owner had installed 4.10 gears in front and 4.56 in back with 31.5 tires. Every mile I drive it reads 1.4...
KalamazooWood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.