KOR steering brace, front skid, air intake w/filter - JeepForum.com
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles

Go Back   JeepForum.com > Jeep Classifieds > Parts For Sale > Misc. Jeep Parts
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Unanswered Threads Search Members

LinkBack Thread Tools

KOR steering brace, front skid, air intake w/filter
$100.00
There are few parts I was able to get from my ZJ after I rolled it. I've held onto these for a few years now, but I don't really need them so I'm putting them up for sale.

I'd take $30 + shipping for the skid. It was bent up some in the center when I bought it, but I bent it back for the most part. Then I cleaned, sanded, and painted it. It's starting to show a little wear again, but there isn't any rust. The spots you see are grease. I never was good with spraypaint, but it's a skid, I imagine it's not ever going to stay pretty for long.

- SOLD -

This is the KOR steering brace, which cost me over $100 new. I'm thinking it was $110 or $120 with shipping. So $40 is as low as I'd go. It's seen some wear and is the brace with bolts and locknuts only.

- SOLD -

For the filter and all I'd take $30. The Amsoil filter and pre-filter were like $70 when I bought them, with the Amsoil Membership discount. The intake itself was off eBay for approximately $45. These are for the 4.0 with a 3" pipe. The filter is a 9" massive bugger that really pulls a lot of air. The pre-filter has some wear but does its job. It's also water retardant.

Shipping for any or all of these will be calculated after I get an address and can get an estimate with the item/s boxed.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"

View all my items

Tags: ZJ, steering, steeringbrace, skidplate
Listed on: 04-28-2014, 07:32 PM
Listing #22514209
Viewed: time(s)
State: TX
City: Dalhart
Zip Code: 79022
Model: Grand Cherokee

Payment: PayPal ,Check/MO
Shipping: Local Pick-up ,Will Ship
Have a question? Contact the seller.
Report this item.

share a link to this item

share a link all items by SnowLeopard

Share this item on other forums

Embed on eBay!

Unread 04-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
eljeepwj
2003 WJ 

View My Classifieds
 eljeepwj's Profile
would that intake fit on a WJ? and how many miles are on the filter?
2003 Jeep WJ 4.0 I6, 42re, NP242, dana 30 w/ rugged ridge skid / 35c, IRO 2inch springs, ProComp Es900, 245/75/16 Definity Dakota A/t, Road Shock 100w Halogen Lights, Yakima Roof Rails with Homemade Rack, Axxera d130 w/ MOSFET amp
eljeepwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

View My Classifieds
 SnowLeopard's Profile
I imagine it would, though I wasn't provided with any of the hardware needed to make it stable. There was just no means of mounting when I received it, which means some jerry rigging was necessary. I used some steel ribbon, I can't remember what it's called, wrapping it around the intake pipe and using a small bolt to fasten it and then connected the oneend to the front washer bottle bolt. The other end went around the power steering line, again using a small bolt and corresponding nut. I wish I had a pic to share. Everyone who saw it thought it looked pretty good and worked well. It sounds strange, but it was effective. Though I'm sure it'd be a different deal trying to keep it stable in the engine bay of a WJ. It'd fit the TB fine though as I think all 4.0's from XJ to WJ had a 3" input.

I forgot to address your question about miles on the filter. I'd vacuum it out once a year, but that's all you need to do with this type of filter. Either that or use an air compressor to blow the dust out from the inside out. I don't think I had more than 10k miles on it. I had the Jeep for close to 5 years, but the filter only for 2 of those. I didn't put on a lot of miles a year either, averaging 5-7k. It was the intake that I had for 3 years, but the Amsoil filter and pre-filter for 2.

SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #4
eljeepwj
2003 WJ 

View My Classifieds
 eljeepwj's Profile
Makes sense to me. I was actually thinking of doing something similar haha. I'll measure tomorrow to make sure the TB has the 3inch intake (even thought like you I'm pretty sure it does). Just a couple more questions, what is the length of the tube? also how many miles are on the filter and is it washable/cleanable? I'm also assuming is a dry filter (no oil)? Thanks
2003 Jeep WJ 4.0 I6, 42re, NP242, dana 30 w/ rugged ridge skid / 35c, IRO 2inch springs, ProComp Es900, 245/75/16 Definity Dakota A/t, Road Shock 100w Halogen Lights, Yakima Roof Rails with Homemade Rack, Axxera d130 w/ MOSFET amp
Unread 04-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #5
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

View My Classifieds
 SnowLeopard's Profile
I don't have the measurements. As best I can remember it may be 16-20", and then the filter is 9". 30" total estimate to be safe. That's probably on the long end though. That also includes the rubber elbow that connects to the throttle body. The filter probably has 10k miles on it, and the pre-filter is washable. I think you could wash the filter itself if you were very careful. I'm sure the Amsoil website has details on this. It's a really good filter, and you're right, it's a dry filter. The oil ones I wouldn't recommend. They allow too much through, and washing and re-oiling it just right so that it filters well is an art. Most people don't ever get it right.

Unread 04-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
eljeepwj
2003 WJ 

View My Classifieds
 eljeepwj's Profile
Sounds good to me. PM sent!
Unread 05-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #7
zjfng
1995 ZJ 

View My Classifieds
 zjfng's Profile
would you do $75.00 shipped to 44089 on the skid and brace?
zjfng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #8
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

View My Classifieds
 SnowLeopard's Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjfng View Post
would you do $75.00 shipped to 44089 on the skid and brace?
Shipping would probably be $40-$50 for the two items combined. So I can't drop their prices that much. I don't have them prepackaged in a box big enough to hold both right now to get an actual shipping quote. I've been getting single quotes per item as people show interest. I do know that the steering brace alone was looking to be $20 to ship, and it's not nearly as heavy as the skid. That's standard post and not priority.

Unread 05-05-2014, 06:20 AM   #9
zjfng
1995 ZJ 

View My Classifieds
 zjfng's Profile
Well thanks any way
Unread 05-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #10
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

View My Classifieds
 SnowLeopard's Profile
I still have the front skid left. Everything else is sold.

Unread 05-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
zjfng
1995 ZJ 

View My Classifieds
 zjfng's Profile
you know what, please find shipping for that skid to 44089. thanks
Unread 05-12-2014, 11:23 PM   #12
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

View My Classifieds
 SnowLeopard's Profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjfng View Post
you know what, please find shipping for that skid to 44089. thanks
I'll do that Tuesday as soon as I'm able. I don't have the skid with me at home, and I'll need to find a box big enough to get the measurements. I do believe it weighs 12-15 pounds though. I'll get you some estimates soon.