Zoey 2.0- A ZJ Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Zoey 2.0- A ZJ Build

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 04-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

The 249 is a full time case no 4 part time so you can drive it on pavement in 4 lo. The hopping is probably from a bad viscous coupler inside the 249. It's a common failure and they wear out after 130k miles or so. The part is around 300-400 bucks. It's non repairable replace only. If you drive it like that it will ruin the front tires, tie rod ends, ball joints, ect over time. You can remove the front drive shaft and it will be fine.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
The 249 is a full time case no 4 part time so you can drive it on pavement in 4 lo. The hopping is probably from a bad viscous coupler inside the 249. It's a common failure and they wear out after 130k miles or so. The part is around 300-400 bucks. It's non repairable replace only. If you drive it like that it will ruin the front tires, tie rod ends, ball joints, ect over time. You can remove the front drive shaft and it will be fine.
Do you think I should just swap over to a 242 instead? Because mine's pretty shot. Would it be cheaper?
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
KyleSekora is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #18
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Failed inspection today. Torn CV boot, no bulbs in foglight, and my track bar has a lot of play. Found out that the play is there because the bolt egged out the bolt holes on the bracket. So I need to figure out how to fix that.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #19
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSekora View Post
Failed inspection today. Torn CV boot, no bulbs in foglight, and my track bar has a lot of play. Found out that the play is there because the bolt egged out the bolt holes on the bracket. So I need to figure out how to fix that.
I'm glad I don't have inspection, sounds like a pita.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #20
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Do you think I should just swap over to a 242 instead? Because mine's pretty shot. Would it be cheaper?
Probably the same cost after you buy the 242, get the rear drive shaft to the proper length, rebuild the 242 with new bearings, seals, and chain, and find a shifter bezel.
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #21
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Tell me about it. I effing hate Maryland politics. Pretty state but the government pretty much ruined it. They are so far up your arse with everything here it's nuts.

You can take a nice thick washer and weld it to the wallowed out hole or just go to a junkyard and get a new bracket.
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #22
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post

I'm glad I don't have inspection, sounds like a pita.
O they are. They say Maryland is stricter then most too because you only have to do it once

Quote:

Tell me about it. I effing hate Maryland politics. Pretty state but the government pretty much ruined it. They are so far up your arse with everything here it's nuts.

You can take a nice thick washer and weld it to the wallowed out hole or just go to a junkyard and get a new bracket.
I think I found someone to weld it and I'm buying a grade 8 bolt today.

They really did ruin it. Laws and taxes here are ridiculous. Got to love paying a tax on the rain. Also the DNR not giving us any trails is fun too. Since they closed that quarry.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
O they are. They say Maryland is stricter then most too because you only have to do it once

I think I found someone to weld it and I'm buying a grade 8 bolt today.

They really did ruin it. Laws and taxes here are ridiculous. Got to love paying a tax on the rain. Also the DNR not giving us any trails is fun too. Since they closed that quarry.
Gas tax will be going up to around 50 cents more by 2017. That money goes to public transportation. Nice to screw over the people who have to drive for the entitled parasites in the cities. Also the gun laws are going to be ridiculous come October.

And yes, it really sucks not having any place to explore off road. Only thing left do do is get a boat and hit the polluted waters of the Chesapeake.
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #24
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Quote:

Gas tax will be going up to around 50 cents more by 2017. That money goes to public transportation. Nice to screw over the people who have to drive for the entitled parasites in the cities. Also the gun laws are going to be ridiculous come October.

And yes, it really sucks not having any place to explore off road. Only thing left do do is get a boat and hit the polluted waters of the Chesapeake.
Yeah buy your guns now while its legal. Come October you can't even bring a gun across state lines, say for instance you were moving you'd have to ditch them.
I totally forgot about that new gas tax. Glad I bought another V8
Gotta love those murky brown waters.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #25
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Check all the coolant hoses and clamps!! If they check out fine try a little stop leak in the coolant system. Buy the powder stuff it worked for my huge leak for a couple weeks (til I got a new radiator) yours doesn't seem too bad though. Maybe use a table spoon of powder.

As for the oil it could be the oil pan gasket?
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #26
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
Check all the coolant hoses and clamps!! If they check out fine try a little stop leak in the coolant system. Buy the powder stuff it worked for my huge leak for a couple weeks (til I got a new radiator) yours doesn't seem too bad though. Maybe use a table spoon of powder.

As for the oil it could be the oil pan gasket?
Okay thanks man! I'll check that out when we do my transfer case. I'm throwing in a 242.
And as for the "oil" turnt out that oil puddle was from my roommate's crappy oil change and I just happened to park over it. The scariest part is it was actually under my transfer case and I was confused to as why the tc was leaking oil lol.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #27
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Just bought two HID KC lights that retail at 1200 for 300$. Only used once to test them. Thanks to cheapjeepzj!
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #28
KyleSekora
1997 ZJ 

Cleaned my IAC today. Easiest fix ever. Two bolts, unclip harness, doesn't with tb cleaner, wipe, repeat, reverse for install. She idles like new now. Pics when I can. Picture currently to large.
_.(o)_)__(o)_)---)_)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.