ZJers, I've bought a WJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJers, I've bought a WJ

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #16
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

00 WJ with 40k miles.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #17
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Dub J's look ok, just be careful with the 4.7. Not a huge fan of the one in our Durango.
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #18
Jeeples
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyB View Post
Really? Have fun with that. When you change the oil pull the "plug" under the cap and let me know what you find. lol.
Condensation?

It's a remote mounted filler tube that heats and cools at a different rate then the rest of the motor, what would you expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
00 WJ with 40k miles.

Hunter
Nice find. Hopefully it had some decent maintenance records with it.

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zj97ltd View Post
Dub J's look ok, just be careful with the 4.7. Not a huge fan of the one in our Durango.
this^

dont let it get hot or you'll be replacing cylinder heads
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
this^

dont let it get hot or you'll be replacing cylinder heads
I've had to replace exhaust manifold gaskets because studs snap off in the head. I've gotten lucky so far and have been able to replace them without pulling the heads.
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #21
huntsducks70
1998 ZJ 

i only know 3 people with dub Js: one already had a rebuild at 100K and the other two need one, they smoke just sitting there idling. i looked at dubs too, but when the salesman told me his personal WJ was rebuilt at 100K and he also stated that they are only good for 100K, i said give me a push rod V8.

good luck with yours Sir!
huntsducks70 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
McCloudsZJ
Because RaceJeep

1998 ZJ 

A v8, coil springs on all four corners, solid axles, and a Jeep logo on the hood. Sounds like a winner to me.

I loved my WJ. It never even thought about overheating. I sold it and got two ZJs, but I'll probably get another dub someday. I think they're way more refined than the ZJ. I liked the seats so much I put some in my ZJ.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using JeepForum
On the Jeep:Hot intake, 52mm TB, Summit 8mm wires, catch can, 703s, insulated fuel rails, indexed Champions, Bilstein 4600s, Eibach lowering springs, Moog SS, Ironman mounts, Lotek 2GP, lots of gauges, sparkly paint.
In the garage: M1 4bbl
In the works: Addco/Hellwig sway bars, nitrous, full polly bushings, full exhaust, data logging, billet UD pulleys
McCloudsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #23
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples View Post

Condensation?

It's a remote mounted filler tube that heats and cools at a different rate then the rest of the motor, what would you expect?
Might be moisture. Might be parafin. I dunno, its nasty and I have not seen anything like it since the mid to late 90's. Back then an oil manufacturer was supposedly using a ton of parafin in their oil and it was on a lot of oil caps on vehicles. Didnt matter where the cap was, it was covered in the same kind of nasty stuff. Not really sure what caused that though. I know my caddy has a semi short remote fill and I never see anything like that on my cap. Maybe that thing that Jeep uses under the oil caps is a "catch plug" to keep that crap out of the oil? I dunno. Its still gross and I don't like it. o_O
Unread 07-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #24
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

I get to choose between my 220k 4.0 ZJ vs a 100k 4.0 WJ when I tow something from out of town. My ZJ has no AC, no carpet, and a window that doesn't go down and yet I choose it over the WJ every time. It just feels better. Oh ya, the WJ is also on it's 2nd engine and has transmission issues where as my ZJ is still original.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.