zj, year 97 front driveshaft different size? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > zj, year 97 front driveshaft different size?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
mikesad27
1997 ZJ 

zj, year 97 front driveshaft different size?

does anyone know why 1997 has a different front drive shaft than every other year zj?. my 97 driveshaft was longer and i went to put another shaft in my truck and it was too short???

mikesad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
jeep95xj
Web Wheeler
1995 XJ Cherokee 

different transfer case, different engine, different tranny from whatever your doner ZJ was.
jeep95xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Early zjs had a long pinion dana 30 too.

The dimensions of the front output on a 242 are different from those of a 249 also.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
elmer_fud
1995 ZJ 

there are atleast 3 different drive shaft lengths in ZJ's. Best bet is to measure yours and start measuring the ones from the donor vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.