zj wont start - JeepForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
chazharris97tj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: centralia washington
Posts: 233
zj wont start

my jeep isnt starting. i was driving it around today after replacing the starter. i just bought it on sunday after it sat for over a year. i havent replaced any fluids yet but i did put 5 gallons in the tank. went to put it in reverse and it died. now it wont start at all. it cranks and cranks but wont fire up. im not sure what the problem is. i havent tested spark or gas yet. but im thinking cps or iac.

93 grand cherokee laredo 5.2l
180k awd

chazharris97tj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM
TallyZJ
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazharris97tj View Post
my jeep isnt starting. i was driving it around today after replacing the starter. i just bought it on sunday after it sat for over a year. i havent replaced any fluids yet but i did put 5 gallons in the tank. went to put it in reverse and it died. now it wont start at all. it cranks and cranks but wont fire up. im not sure what the problem is. i havent tested spark or gas yet. but im thinking cps or iac.

93 grand cherokee laredo 5.2l
180k awd

Well, why not search a bit and see if the reason why yours wont start is because of the same reason 40 other peoples jeeps wont start this month?

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 - 4.0L
Capital City Jeepers
Build Thread Here
TallyZJ is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
chazharris97tj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: centralia washington
Posts: 233
wow thanks for the help......
chazharris97tj is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
chazharris97tj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: centralia washington
Posts: 233
ive been searching all day. sorry i was trying to get advice.
chazharris97tj is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 09:30 PM
TallyZJ
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazharris97tj View Post
ive been searching all day. sorry i was trying to get advice.
Well, your search-fu is obviously weak. You also provided almost no diagnostic info in your post. You haven't tested ANYTHING yet. Until you can tell us more of what it is NOT doing, we can't begin to help you.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/wont-start-1218529/



Just go to the ZJ Grand Cherokee forum, click on "Search" drop down arrow and type wont start and hit GO.

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4 - 4.0L
Capital City Jeepers
Build Thread Here
TallyZJ is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
chazharris97tj
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: centralia washington
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyZJ View Post
Well, your search-fu is obviously weak. You also provided almost no diagnostic info in your post. You haven't tested ANYTHING yet. Until you can tell us more of what it is NOT doing, we can't begin to help you.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/wont-start-1218529/



Just go to the ZJ Grand Cherokee forum, click on "Search" drop down arrow and type wont start and hit GO.
yeah thats totally my problem thanks. now its fixed.....
chazharris97tj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
99 WJ wont start please help mrc1968 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 5 06-07-2011 11:10 AM
1996 Wont Start wont Crank ! very Enraged :[ ONLY CLICKS OF DEATH !! Please Help coughehop ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 15 04-08-2011 09:33 AM
4.7 wont start ryanwj09 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 0 04-02-2010 12:04 PM
2001 grand cherokee wont start/gas guage wont work nipper1 ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 1 10-09-2009 06:29 PM
98 Gc 4.0 Wont Start gixxar ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum 13 01-25-2007 12:00 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome