Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

ZJ (Skyjacker Shocks) Rattling apart! Need softer shocks!

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TontoKowalski 
#1 ·
I'll never buy another skykjacker product as long as I live. I've got a 2" bb on my ZJ with Skyjacker shocks. I can't remember if they are Hydros or Nytros, but I remember picking the ones specifically b/c they were supposed to be softer than the other.

My drivers side headlight blew last week. Upon inspection...the continual rough vibrations from the shocks loosened the entire lamp out of the housing, then bounced it around so much it shattered the glass casing. My 2nd headlight to go is less than a year.

I've had to remove my passenger side headrest b/c it's developed an annoying squeak every time it hits any sort of variation in the road.

There are pops and squeaks and rattles coming from the cargo area all the time...

Does anybody know where I can pick up some reasonably priced shocks that will accommodate my 2" BB?

Would Sears or Autozone carry something like that?

Would a Monroe shock off of RockAuto.com do the trick? Would they fit? Would Monroe shocks even be an improvement?

It's irritating the ever-living-sh*t out of me...any and all advice (good or bad) is greatly appreciated.

:cheers:

See less See more
#4 ·
My front is definitely worse than the rear in my Jeep.

So you're saying check, not only the top circular doughnut shaped bushing on my front shocks, but also the (sort of) hourglass bushing that attached at the bottom? Closer to the center of the wheel?

(These things are garbage...huge mistake, totally ruined my ride quality)

#7 ·
Ditto...
Even on roads where there are small separations between big slabs of asphalt it's a loud "ta-thump" and the whole Jeep hops around.
Forget about speed bumps...

I originally ordered these from 4Wheelonline, so I shot them a message. Hoping they can help me out with something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.