ZJ Seat Compatibility? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ Seat Compatibility?

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

ZJ Seat Compatibility?

I have a pair of cloth power seats out of a ZJ (year unknown.) I know they're from a ZJ as i pulled them myself.

I don't need them anymore and i'm selling them on craigslist. A guy with another ZJ (97?) wants to buy them.

Are all ZJ seats interchangeable? I'd hate for the guy to drive an hour to get here only to discover they won't bolt in.

Also do any of you know what size/thread pitch/lenght the bolts that hold the seats in are?

Thanks!

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121903
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

I was thinking the same thing the other day when I left the JY.
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

They will swap.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
94unlimited52zj
1994 ZJ 

Zj seats fit 93 to 04 wj. All will bolt right up to the tracks.
94unlimited52zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #5
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

I believe if they're power, they may have a different plug depending on the year. Other than that, they'll bolt right up.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Zakimations
1996 ZJ 

I pulled a set of power seats out of a donor ZJ and the plugs were the same. Only difference was that there was no seat belt switch on the donor seats. Fortunately the circuit is open when the seat belt is plugged in so you don't even need to hook it up.
Zakimations is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Ah, I forgot about that. Some ZJs monitor that differently. Mine used to stay lit if I didn't buckle up. Now, with my manual seats, the light comes on when I start the Jeep, then goes off regardless if I buckle up or not. And FYI, I always buckle up.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.