Zj recall?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Zj recall??

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 02-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #1
Jeepzj916
1993 ZJ 

Zj recall??

Has anyone gotten their free trailer hitch from Chrysler yet?? I'm getting tired of waiting and just thinking about getting one at picknpull.

Unread 02-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
bobinAZ
1993 ZJ 

HUH? how does this work?

just searched my VIN on jeeps site, i have the recall also.

got my build sheet the other day and i have the tow package and hitch but when i bought the jeep last month it had no hitch, but the wires are there. there cut but there

how do i go about getting the hitch? i click on the link jeep provides but its dead..

sent them an email. will see what happens
bobinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #3
Jeepzj916
1993 ZJ 

I'm wondering the same thing, I want a hitch. I called the jeep dealership and they had no updated info on the recall
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #4
Jeepzj916
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinAZ
HUH? how does this work?

just searched my VIN on jeeps site, i have the recall also.

got my build sheet the other day and i have the tow package and hitch but when i bought the jeep last month it had no hitch, but the wires are there. there cut, but there

how do i go about getting the hitch? i click on the link jeep provides but its dead..

sent them an email. will see what happens
How did you get your build sheet?
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #5
bobinAZ
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepzj916 View Post
How did you get your build sheet?
http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/EmailPage.html

go to link.

enter your info.

in the "What Can We Help You With?" box. put your full VIN# in and request build sheet

took less then a day for them to email me back with the Build Sheet
bobinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:18 AM   #6
Jeepzj916
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinAZ

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/EmailPage.html

go to link.

enter your info.

in the "What Can We Help You With?" box. put your full VIN# in and request build sheet

took less then a day for them to email me back with the Build Sheet
Thanks! I emailed them about my build sheet. I'm curious what my zj came with originally.
Unread 02-17-2014, 03:56 AM   #7
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

They are not going to install trailer hitches on 15 year old vehicles.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #8
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Keep holding your breath guys. They're not going to give you hitches. The parts are forever going to be on order. The NHTSA called off the recall after they finally realized they can't impose current safety regulations on vehicles that met and exceeded their safety regulations at their time of production. You may have gotten a notice; I did. I'm sure that's because they were already in the pipes before the recall was recalled. If you want a hitch, be like everyone else was in the past and go buy one (the original recall didn't include any trailer wiring anyhow as it was merely a hitch just to "protect" the gas tank). If you sincerely feel your vehicle is unsafe, go sell it and buy something "safer."
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

^^^Exactly

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #10
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

That's not true mine was done along with a skid plate covering the gas tank
SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:05 AM   #11
SBiscardi
1996 ZJ 

I actually just got another grand cherokee and I'm about to take the Reese hitch off of it and take it up there and get another hitch lol
SBiscardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #12
ROFLwaffles
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
They are not going to install trailer hitches on 15 year old vehicles.
Yes they are. That's the point of the recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
Keep holding your breath guys. They're not going to give you hitches. The parts are forever going to be on order. The NHTSA called off the recall after they finally realized they can't impose current safety regulations on vehicles that met and exceeded their safety regulations at their time of production. You may have gotten a notice; I did. I'm sure that's because they were already in the pipes before the recall was recalled. If you want a hitch, be like everyone else was in the past and go buy one (the original recall didn't include any trailer wiring anyhow as it was merely a hitch just to "protect" the gas tank). If you sincerely feel your vehicle is unsafe, go sell it and buy something "safer."

The recall hasn't been recalled. It has an official Chrysler recall code (N45) and I was emailed by the Jeep Dealership to set it up. When I called, parts were "in transit". Not just on order. It DOES take a while to manufacture 1.5 million trailer hitches for a vehicle that has be out of production for 15b years.

It'll happen. Be patient.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/11/au...ches.html?_r=0
ROFLwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #13
jm8881
1996 ZJ 

Why is everyone so hyped up for this recall? A trailer hitch? Really? How has chrysler done you so wrong that you feel you all deserve this, that this is owed to you in some way?
jm8881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #14
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm8881 View Post
Why is everyone so hyped up for this recall? A trailer hitch? Really? How has chrysler done you so wrong that you feel you all deserve this, that this is owed to you in some way?
Especially since probably 98% of the current owners here are not the original purchasers of their rigs.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #15
300RumGuy
1995 ZJ 

Dont know if this is legit, but try looking at www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/

On left hand side of page, under "Your Vehicle" tab, you'll see "Recall information" and "Equipment Listing". Once you click on one of those, you should be shown a box to enter your VIN and the result will be your open recalls and build sheet.
300RumGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.