ZJ Milage? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ Milage?

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 05-05-2003, 12:45 AM   #1
contagiouszj

ZJ Milage?

I recently got into an arguement with my roomate who is somewhat of a car nut. He said that my engine (93 ZJ Laredo) would never make it to 200,000 miles. There is nothing wrong with my engine and I'm currently at 136,000 miles. I'm was just wondering if anyone here owns a ZJ and has 200,000 or plus miles on it?

contagiouszj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2003, 04:26 AM   #2
Interloper

There are quite a few ZJ's with 200K plus on the clock. Plus a lot of 4.0L I6's in other Jeeps with 200K+. The weakness seems to be the crappy Chrysler transmissions.

"nobody cares what's underneath," ...Dieter Zetsche
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2003, 12:09 PM   #3
Invisible

Here are a couple of links where mileage is discussed. The first one is in the XJ Forum, so if you have the 4.0 it might help you. The second talks about all models.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=29923

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=34558
Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2003, 12:52 PM   #4
contagiouszj

the reason I brought it up was I just had to totally replace my entire coolant system....luckily the idiots didnt pressure check it the first time and long story short I ended up only paying for the water pump and thermostat and got a free radiator....
contagiouszj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2003, 01:14 PM   #5
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I just passed 140K and still going strong.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.