ZJ leaking coolant from behind/above crankshaft pulley - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ leaking coolant from behind/above crankshaft pulley

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 11-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #16
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Good point there.

Replace the steel inlet if you haven't done it in a while, or ever. It's probably warped and pitted.

$13 is what I paid at Napa if I remember correctly.

Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #17
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Take it from me, that thermostat housing is extremely easy to break.. Just did mine and the lower bolt hole sheared off when torqued down to shy of 20ft-lbs with a felpro gasket. That crap leaks like a sieve btw, just use rtv gasket silicone. 16ft lbs is recommended but wouldnt seal up at that, 20 snapped off the lower bolt hole. A washer has it held together till i get 3 hrs to take apart, replace the parts and let the rtv harden up. I have like 1/8" between the bolt head and belt right now XD
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.