ZJ Jeep radio install help/issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ Jeep radio install help/issue

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
TonyMontana
1995 ZJ 

ZJ Jeep radio install help/issue

Well today I was installing a radio in my Jeep. It was all good until I noticed there was a wire loose. I fixed it and the damn heat peeled off the tape. Well sadly, the exposed wire hit the frame of the radio which caused it to spark. So now I have no Module/Vehicle Information Center and I have no radio. Along with no power door locks. Also I noticed when I put the car in the "ON" position it doesn't have full 12 volts. But it still has sufficient energy to start the car up. My question is do I replace a fuse or do I replace the battery. Also, which fuse should I replace? I noticed I had fuses in the passenger panel and the engine compartment. The reason I say fuse is because some of my electronics are acting funny. The ding disappeared and it makes a weird ticking noise instead of the ding when I have the doors open.

All help is appreciated. Thank you!

TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
TonyMontana
1995 ZJ 

Never mind. I found it was the fuse.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

Heatshrink tubing.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zj , grand cherokee , radio , install , electric , problem , issue

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.