ZJ interior lighting issue. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ interior lighting issue.

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer PurchaseFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
tedthefed
2007 WK 

ZJ interior lighting issue.

I have an issue I can't quite figure out. My interior lights stay on. It is not the "dimmer" switch. It appears to be in the liftgate or one of the doors.

When driving and hit a rough spot or bump / crack in the road...the interior lights flash on and off.

Where is the "tilt sensor" on the liftgate?

The lights stay on when parked....the "timer" won't even turn them off.

I have to pull the fuse.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

tedthefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

I had this same exact problem, and it turned out to be the rear hatch lamp on the ceiling. Hit that light and turn it off and the lights should come off.. I checked all the plunger switchs on my doors and that didnt solve the problem but this rear light did..

The rear light when on controlls all the enterior lights.. Im not sure why but randomly when driving and turning or hitting small bumpbs my lights would flicker on and off, and eventually stay on.. That switch fixed it for me
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.