zj high clearance crossmember - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > zj high clearance crossmember

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
love2offroad
1994 ZJ 

zj high clearance crossmember

I'm looking for a new crossmember for my zj but I can't find any that are sold seperate or fit my needs. Anybody have any suggestions? Right now my factory crossmember the bolts holding my transfer case skid are not tack welded anymore so they just spin. Well 1 does. The other is gone completely, and the one in the frame is loose and not tack welded anymore either. So my skid is held on by 2 bolts and both are loose. (scary, I know) I need a new transmission mount, crossmember and transfer case skid. I got a 94 Laredo with 5.2 231 swap sye I was looking at rustys transfer case skid and it might work but I have no idea on a crossmember and transmission mount. Pics are welcome. If you have a particular setup please post what you have. Thanks.
Edit: I'm also on short arms

Unread 02-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
shaban
1996 ZJ 

My crossmember never had nutserts for skid bolts so I had to fab some metal strips with nuts welded to them, then just slide them inside cross member.
shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
love2offroad
1994 ZJ 

This was a pain in the butt to find. They don't call it a crossmember. They call it a subframe. Its pretty beefy being 1/4" thick. Any thoughts? I don't have long arms and I know this is where they are supposed to link to

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFZ

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.