ZJ Head Liner - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ Head Liner

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #16
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDozarian View Post
Everything was on the cheap at Walmart, Killa. The most expensive thing I bought was a new Torx set that had the T-50 bit for the shoulder belt bolts. Here's what I bought:

3M Headline Spray Adhesive x2 - $20
5'x8' Dark Grey Fleece Fabric - $12
Torx Bit Set - $23

Granted, I had a basic Torx set and and all the other tools I needed. Which, by the way, was just a phillips-head screwdriver, flat-tip screwdriver, the torx driver (I can't recall what size), and maybe a pair of pliers.

So all in all, I have $55 dollars in it. And my time. I'd recommend havin' a second set of hands, if you can, as it'll help holding it up while you're re-installing it.
how do you wrap her? or did you just spray and push her against the body?

KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
TheDozarian
1994 ZJ 

After I took out the liner and cleaned it, I sprayer it down twice with adhesive and then carefully sat the blanket down on it. I quickly hand-pressed it down onto the liner and worked out the bubbles.

After that I cut out the console and screw holes. I mad sure to drape enough over all the edges so that it could be tucked up and under upon installation. Hope that helps!
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #18
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

My buddie did this in his cummins. He used a camo fabric and spray adhesive. IMO it looks better than the stock liner. I might have him do it im my jeep but the liner is fine and its hard ruining it.

<--Mods in profile
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.