ZJ hatch replacement where to unplug? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ hatch replacement where to unplug?

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 07-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
spidermonkey
1998 ZJ 

ZJ hatch replacement where to unplug?

A friend of mine bought my brothers ZJ. He is replacing the hatch and was wondering where to dig to unplug the harness. I didn't have a clue.

My driveway build here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/spidermonkeys-98-zj-build-716209/
speedo reading x spd gear tooth count/gps speed = new spd gear for dead on accuracy
North Shore Wheelers www.nsw4x4.com
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #2
j.love
1994 ZJ 

lift the gate open,
remove the interior panel,
look for hidden screws under the carpet at either side near the bottom,
at the top of the hatch on either side of the third brake light remove the two black plastic wire connector retainers.
Behind those retainers will be 3 connectors on each side. disconnect them and feed them threw the top of the of the hatch.
pull the panel with the cargo light on it.
pull down the headliner a bit and disconnect the washer hose line.
remove the two pistons, clips on the bottom of the piston will pry out and then pull to get them free.
close the hatch!
jump inside and unbolt the 3 bolts for the hinges.
jump outside.
lift the whole hatch from the handle and then place hatch on ground.
have a beer and admire your work.
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
spidermonkey
1998 ZJ 

Thanks for the quick response.

My driveway build here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716209
speedo reading x spd gear tooth count/gps speed = new spd gear for dead on accuracy
North Shore Wheelers www.nsw4x4.com
spidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.