ZJ Grand cherokee Ltd noise... (s) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ Grand cherokee Ltd noise... (s)

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 06-28-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
slh542000

ZJ Grand cherokee Ltd noise... (s)

Had my '98 ZJ Grand Cherokee Ltd now for almost 3 years. Excellent car for the rigourous terrain of, er.. London..!

No Problems at all really, except for recently......

1) When I put it into reverse, and put the steering at full lock, the growling noise from the rear axle is a bit worrying! Any idea what's causing this?

2) Memory Mirrors don't work anymore (seats do though!) - Anyone know why?

3) Seems to have lost a bit of acceleration over the last 6 months... ????

It's done 102 000 miles, and everything else seems ok (pulls a little to the right, but I've put that down to the tracking, which I'm getting sorted today!

Used to know a guy who was a Mobile Jeep mechainc in London, but he seems to have dropped of the face of the earth! - He was brilliant, and bloody cheap too! - Anyone know of a slimilar service in the London area... (guess I'm asking a bit much here!)

Cheers anyway..

Steve

slh542000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2004, 11:51 AM   #2
driabyor
1994 ZJ 

(1) dont know just dont do that anymore

(2) the mirror problem could be a broken wire in the harness in the door opening.

(3) tune up might help
driabyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2004, 06:36 AM   #3
slh542000

erm. ok thanks for that

Anyone else?
Unread 07-01-2004, 07:28 AM   #4
slh542000

Quote:
Originally Posted by slh542000
erm. ok thanks for that

Anyone else?

Must be someone!
Unread 07-01-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
reddog093

Quote:
Originally Posted by slh542000
Must be someone!
Seems like he's on target...

1) No clue

2) I'm having the opposite problem.. My seats decided to stop with their memory and my mirrors still work. Wanna swap? :-D

3) I recommend a tune-up. After you drive your car for a while things happen and a tune-up can sometimes make a big difference in the way your car responds. I know when we were selling my brother's eclipse (it's turbo started to die) we sent it in for a cheap tune-up and gained back noticeable acceleration.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.