zj front to rear spring 4" lift rear track bar info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > zj front to rear spring 4" lift rear track bar info

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
autobeamhotmail

zj front to rear spring 4" lift rear track bar info

if you do the budget lift, front to rear springs and buying new front springs, pay attention. anyways, i just finished mine and wanted to post this info on the rear trak bar. with the factory front springs installed in the rear, the rear axle DOES move over towards the passenger side quite a noticeable bit. the factory length of the rear track bar on a 4.0 zj is 31" bolt to bolt. dont try to press out all of the bends because, one, it is highly dangerous, and two, it makes the ends not line up parallel so you would have to cut them and re-weld them straight anyways. do the right thing and cut and lengthen the rear track bar near the axle mountiong hole, where the bar is straight. the correct eye-to-eye measurement should be 32". i highly recommend this if you do this type of lift. hope this helps the future "lifters"
-beam

half doors, 4" lift-all coils, modified rear track bar, 16" wheels, 33" ag tires, oversized shocks, no carpet hatch fenders air bags sway bars or glass, 9,ooolb winch, kevins off road tubular front bumper, 2 hellas, borla stainless muffler after the cat, and yes, those are air horns. "LIKE A BIG ATV WITH HEAT AND RADIO"
[/B]
autobeamhotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobeamhotmail
if you do the budget lift, front to rear springs and buying new front springs, pay attention. anyways, i just finished mine and wanted to post this info on the rear trak bar. with the factory front springs installed in the rear, the rear axle DOES move over towards the passenger side quite a noticeable bit. the factory length of the rear track bar on a 4.0 zj is 31" bolt to bolt. dont try to press out all of the bends because, one, it is highly dangerous, and two, it makes the ends not line up parallel so you would have to cut them and re-weld them straight anyways. do the right thing and cut and lengthen the rear track bar near the axle mountiong hole, where the bar is straight. the correct eye-to-eye measurement should be 32". i highly recommend this if you do this type of lift. hope this helps the future "lifters"
-beam
Yes, this is pretty common, a lot of people either get a new trackbar, a trackbar bracket or just redrill the old one. Even with my 2"BB it's noticeable that the axle has slightly shifted.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
autobeamhotmail

ok, my post was for the budget minded people who don't want to spend the extra money on an adjustable track bar or buy more parts, like the relocator.
half doors, 4" lift-all coils, modified rear track bar, 16" wheels, 33" ag tires, oversized shocks, no carpet hatch fenders air bags sway bars or glass, 9,ooolb winch, kevins off road tubular front bumper, 2 hellas, borla stainless muffler after the cat, and yes, those are air horns. "LIKE A BIG ATV WITH HEAT AND RADIO"
[/B]
autobeamhotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
ajmorell

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobeamhotmail
ok, my post was for the budget minded people who don't want to spend the extra money on an adjustable track bar or buy more parts, like the relocator.
Oh ok, I didn't catch that at first...that's good info to know.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.