Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

ZJ Front Bumper questions

771 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Ubergrob 
#1 ·
I took my front bumper off today and it was stuck under the lights for some weird reason when I wiggled it off, it look liked it was hooking on this two rectangles on the top left and top right but nothing on my ZJ front end looks like it holds that up.

And there was also styrofoam in the bumper, do all ZJs have that? Is it important to keep in? I broke it in half to take it out because I was going to repaint it.

And on the issue of paint, I bought Duplicolor Truck Bed coating today but I saw that most people recommened krylon fusion paint, all the fusion paint I found has the glossy top black can. Which should I use? I used the truck bed coating before but it cracked but I didnt prep it well at all.

Any suggestions on the repaint?

#3 ·
i put herculiner on my rear bumber bc I didnt have ne paint on hand and had to get rid of what was left of the can of Herc. after stripping it down to the black plastic, it has been holding up with no cracking for over a year. my zj looks ghetto tho.

#5 ·
im sure it takes some "lbs of force" off of the impact when in a collision, I mean it was put there for a reason. I`m not talking it up by any means bc im running with no front bumper right now.....saftey first... to each his own.

#7 ·
forget spray paint or that cheap bed liner.

I had my bumper professionally rhinolined and it turned out very well...
However if you are going to trim your bumper do that before you have it done...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.