ZJ Flashing Check Engine then Dying - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ Flashing Check Engine then Dying

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 05-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #31
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Dealer**** confirmed that I need a new PCM. They quoted us $1,134 but i think that includes the $200 that we owe them for the diagnosis today.

My psych teacher said that he replaced his 98 grand wagoneer pcm with a napa pcm and the second one worked perfectly for ~$400. Any comments? I don't think we're going to spend $1,000 on my jeep as we have $2,000 into it and it's qorth around $2500 according to carfax.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #32
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Looks like I'm picking up a PCM from oriellys tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #33
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

So, I picked up a PCM. Worked perfectly for a while, then started having small issues again (Wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't known what it was doing before). I've been driving my dad's 2007 Nissan Titan for school because of these issues but I am sick and tired of driving "Daddy's truck". I want my own vehicle back. Not to mention that I am going to a trade school for diesel and industrial mechanics and every day I learn something I want to do it on my jeep (Like when I learned how to properly check U joints or rebuild differentials, etc). Also, I can do my own alignments and use the school's lifts and tools and such (within reason, has to match curriculum or on open shop days).

I'm going to pull all the grounds and clean them/tighten them down. I'm also going to go ahead and zip tie the PCM connector to the PCM to keep constant pressure (as many others have done). I've replaced the TPS and PCM. The throttle body is sparkling clean. The throttle cable is tight at the throttle body, It's not a bad throttle cable though. It's definitely an electrical issue. I'm just wondering where all the grounds are? I've done some quick google and jeepforum searches and haven't found much information on it. I would like to pull them all and clean them all just so I know that they are all good.

Oh and here is a pic of my throttle body.
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #34
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

She is a 94 Laredo with a 5.2 under the hood. Not sure if the grounds are different between engines/trims.
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #35
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Still looking for ground locations if anyone knows...

Someone must know?

I checked chilltons and it's not listed. I'll check allData tomorrow at school and see if they have it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.