ZJ Fender Trim front & back for 33" Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ZJ Fender Trim front & back for 33" Tires

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-12-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
George Maris

ZJ Fender Trim front & back for 33" Tires

I just installed an ORGS 4 1/2" Lift kit with adjustable Acos spacers to give me a 5 1/4" total lift on my 94 GC 5.2 V-8. I need to trim the back fenders all the way to the back door. I know this will break the seal where the fender meets the back door. I am assuming this can be done if it is welded together?

I also need more space behind my front tires, especially where the welded seams meet both the fender and the body.

My question is has anyone trimmed out both front and rear fenders to give their tires enough room to articulate when rock crawling. I am giving thought to cutting both front and rear fenders by another 1 1/2" all the way around. I have been told to look for a good body shop to do the work. But I haven't found one that feels confident they can do the work.

Has anyone done this? What advise can you give me? HELP!

George Maris
gmaris@earthlink.net

Unread 10-21-2002, 09:15 PM   #2
Cajunzj

Hey George it's John. Before you go through the trouble of all that cutting, go ramp test it. Find either a ramp or a good grade incline and ramp form the front and rear stuffing the tires. That way if they start to rub you can stop and you'll know where to trim. I think there gonna stuff pretty nicely with minimal trimming. By the way we're trying to plan a trip around Nov 9/10. Not sure where yet, but will let you know as soon as I do.
Cajunzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2002, 10:56 PM   #3
George Maris

Fender trim info reply

Thanks for the come-back John. I did trim the lower front bumper and used a pnuematic to hammer the seams flat just behind the front tires. I did ramp it since my request for help. I suspect that the tires might tuck alright but might pull down the inside fender lip as the tire comes down again. Especially if I have a turn in the wheel.

I am running 15 - 7 1/2" rims. The tires as you probably know are 33" X 12.5" MTR's

Let me know when you plan your next trip.
George

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.